Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is one of the largest and most trusted retail healthcare business support organizations in the U.S., supporting 15,000 healthcare professionals and team members at more than 1,000 health and wellness offices across 46 states in three distinct categories: Dental care, urgent care, and medical aesthetics. Working in partnership with independent practice owners and clinicians, the team is united by a single purpose: to prove that healthcare can be better and smarter for everyone. ADMI provides a comprehensive suite of centralized business support services that power the impact of four consumer-facing businesses: Aspen Dental, ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers, WellNow Urgent Care and Chapter Aesthetic Studio. Each brand has access to a deep community of experts, tools and resources to grow their practices, and an unwavering commitment to delivering high-quality consumer healthcare experiences at scale. As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our L&D team as a Senior Director, Learning and Development Doctor Development
This Senior Director is an important part of the Learning and Development team and has accountabilities for all of our Doctor development strategies and programs at Aspen Dental.
This role will partner closely with the SVP, Learning and Development and our Chief Clinical Officer to create, implement and measure the impact of all Doctor related development efforts for associate doctors, managing clinical directors, specialists, and owners. This includes development and support for new doctors, continuing education and learning aligned with industry advancements, training on all our lines of business and the development and growth of our practice owners.
The Senior Director, Doctor Development is a proven leader of others who can effectively collaborate with the Clinical Support team, other partners in Learning & Development, Talent Management, Human Resources and with senior leaders across the organization and industry. This leader is an excellent performance consultant and communicator who identifies the root cause in performance gaps, creates solutions to fill gaps, and demonstrates the impact of those solutions. This leader has experience orchestrating organizationally complex work and demonstrating business impact through data. This leader must also be hands-on with a willingness to analyze and build, unafraid to roll-up their sleeves to get projects done.
• Support and enable career growth for Aspen Dental’s Doctors at all phases of their career
• Partner with senior leaders, the Clinical Support team, owners and the broader L&D, Talent Management and HR teams to understand specific developments needs across our Doctors (at all levels), including clinical skill development, leadership and professional development and business management skills.
• Establish near-term and long-term learning strategy that consider strategic priorities and the current state of our Doctors and talent pipelines
• Design and deliver a suite of highly effective solutions, with close alignment to the business, that enables and elevates the performance of our doctors and owners. Solutions may include formal learning programs, experiential learning assignments, coaching, etc.
• Drive a learning culture across the company and with our owners
• Understand the specific needs of Doctors as learners so you can advocate and adapt for their specific needs and preferences
• Understand the key turning points in the doctors’ careers including: becoming a managing clinical director, becoming a mentor Doctor, becoming an owner, and becoming a multi-practice owner in order to position learning around these critical transitions
• Ensure all doctor development programs are aligned and leveraged across the broader audience of clinicians including hygienists, dental assistants, lab technicians, office support, etc.
• Evaluate existing programs/content for impact and alignment with organizational needs. Provide recommendations for learning experiences that increase reach, impact, and future capability requirements
• Use data to measure success: learn, iterate, and improve; analyze trends and develop proactive actions to further support business objectives
• Work closely with the leader of CDE (continuing dental education) to ensure all development needs are met and tracked
• Serve as a trusted advisor and internal consultant to executive team & HR on matters of doctor development needs and programs.
• Cultivate innovation, while maximizing efficiency by acting as a leader with vision on ground-breaking, scalable, and relevant learning industry trends centered on learning impact and accessibility.
• Lead the change process as the company meets the challenges of hyper-growth and the need to scale
• Partner with others to solve business problems and as a member of the Learning and Development leadership team contribute expertise and support beyond doctor development as needed
• Education Level: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
• A minimum of 10+ years of relevant learning and development experience, ideally in a fast-paced organization with a distributed workforce
• A minimum of 7+ years leading a team of L&D professionals
• Advanced understanding of adult learning theory and principles
• Understanding of DSOs (dentistry service organizations) or similar medical industries desirable. Experience leading learning in this field is preferred.
• Strong business insight, with the ability to credibly make a business case, by linking current and anticipated business challenges with learning and development solutions.
• Advanced understanding of learning technologies; previous experience as well as ability to evolve and adjust as trends change and emerge
• Well versed in digital learning, just-in-time / micro-learning, and blended learning strategies
• Strong capabilities in the area of data analytics (as it pertains to measuring learning)
• Experience providing consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives
• Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extremely flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment
• Excellent coaching and mentoring skills. Experience in group facilitation and team coaching with a track record of improving overall performance.
• Ability to travel as needed