Manager, Doctor Development
Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives. As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are very pleased to offer an opportunity to join our Learning and Development team as Manager, Doctor Development.
The Manager, Doctor Development cares for the people who care for our patients by facilitating learning and development. Reporting to the Director, Doctor Development, this individual contributor will play a critical role in the execution and management of the strategic vision to support doctors and their growth. S/he brings better care to the front lines by leading, managing and ensuring continuous improvement of our doctor learning and development programs. The L&D Manager, Doctor Development will facilitate and manage programs to an audience of doctors and will collaborate closely with the team and key partners that include Practice Support Center (PSC) business partners and field team members to optimize doctor programming.
- Facilitates doctor learning programs in person or virtually, with a learner-centric approach.
- Oversees the logistics and administration of doctor programs in partnership with L&D coordinators.
- Oversees the continuum of doctor learning and development programs from program promotion and enrollment to event management and program analysis for his or her assigned programs.
- Serves as a coach to doctors.
- Observes and provides coaching and feedback for the purpose of elevating the learner experience.
- Evaluates learner readiness, providing effective and timely feedback.
- Partners with instructional design team members when needed for subject matter expertise and/or though partnership to ensure the quality of the learner experience.
- Communicates with learners’ managers to ensure that learners are most effectively supported by their manager pre- and post-training.
- Partners with others to understand current and anticipate future training needs, and creates a training calendar that ensures efficient use of classroom seats/capacity.
- Continuously improves his or her classroom and virtual training capabilities.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent learning facilitation and (virtual/in-person) classroom management skills, including the ability to flex to the needs of the learner. Experience working with doctors is a plus.
- Ability to apply adult learning principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – i.e., multiple Outlook accounts, Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, etc. and SharePoint
- Very detail-oriented & organized
- Ability to travel as needed
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States