Senior Manager, Learning & Development, Orthodontics Support
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is one of the largest and fastest-growing dental support organizations (DSOs) in the U.S. The team at ADMI lives by a simple purpose: to care for the people who care for the patients. We’ve pioneered an innovative model that takes care of non-clinical business and administrative services so that providers can do what they do best: focus on breaking down barriers and deliver great care and service to their patients.
Reporting to the Director, Doctor Development, the Learning and Development Senior Manager, Orthodontics Support will play a critical role in the execution and management of the strategic vision to support doctors and their growth. S/he brings better care to the front lines by facilitating, managing and ensuring continuous improvement of our orthodontic learning and development programs. This individual contributor will facilitate and manage programs to an audience of doctors and will collaborate closely with team members in L&D to ensure that office roles also receive the education they need to support doctors. Key partners for this role include Practice Support Center (PSC) business partners and field team members to optimize the programming we bring in support of growing our orthodontics offerings.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Facilitates doctors’ orthodontic learning programs in person or virtually, with a learner-centric approach.
- Oversees the logistics and administration of all orthodontic-related programs in partnership with L&D coordinators.
- Oversees the continuum of orthodontic-related learning and development programs from program promotion and enrollment to event management and program analysis for his or her assigned programs.
- Partners with L&D team members in operations L&D to ensure all roles within the office and field leadership receive the education needed to support doctors in the area of orthodontics.
- Observes and provides coaching and feedback for the purpose of elevating the learner experience.
- Evaluates learner readiness, providing effective and timely feedback.
- Partners with instructional design team members when needed for subject matter expertise and/or though partnership to ensure the quality of the learner experience.
- Communicates with learners’ managers to ensure that learners are most effectively supported by their manager pre- and post-training.
- Partners with others to understand current and anticipate future training needs, and creates a training calendar that ensures efficient use of classroom seats/capacity.
- Continuously improves his or her classroom and virtual training capabilities.
- Plans, organizes and executes tasks and activities with urgency and in accordance with supervisors’ delegated assignments.
- Prepares and updates correspondence and documents.
- Responds to and resolves issues related to position.
- Takes action on trends and escalating concerns related to doctor L&D programming.
- May be required to meet position related productivity and quality standards.
- Operates office equipment, including copiers and computers.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent learning facilitation and (virtual/in-person) classroom management skills, including the ability to flex to the needs of the learner. Experience working with doctors is a plus.
- Ability to apply adult learning principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – i.e., multiple Outlook accounts, Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, etc. and SharePoint
- Very detail-oriented & organized
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to work effectively with business partners at multiple levels
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. Provides an excellent work environment with a competitive compensation package and long term career advancement and growth.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States