Learning and Development Coordinator
L&D Coordinators care for the people who care for our patients by performing tasks and assignments that require superior service and attention to detail. They bring better care to the front lines by supporting the execution of our learning and development programs. This position has no direct reports. Key partnerships include Practice Support Center (PSC) business partners and field team members.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Supports the continuum of learning and development programs such as event management of participant needs.
- Coordinates participant needs with the travel and events teams.
- Updates progress of participants in learning journey and validates pre-requisites are met.
- Maintains historical rosters of program attendees in multiple systems.
- Prepares communications for the purposes of learning program event management.
- Distributes program/course surveys, generates summary reports, and communicates findings to Manager of Learning & Development.
- Coordinates travel, meals, classroom set-up/break-down, transportation, SWAG/supplies orders and production of materials for training programs.
- Communicates with registered participants and participants’ managers as needed to support preparation regarding registration, welcome materials, learning materials, and pre-work.
- Coordinates other relevant correspondence, mailings, and shipping.
- Consistently works to ensure the Program and the activities it sponsors, hosts and/or produces comply with ADA CERP and ADMI Continuing Dental Education Program (“CDEP”) Standards.
- Specializes in performing tasks and assignments related to the functional area’s delivery of service, quality and or productivity.
- Serves as a point of service for internal and external customer inquiries.
- Uses software and company systems to source, obtain, process, audit and analyze standard data reporting and presenting.
- Plans, organizes and executes tasks and activities with urgency and in accordance with supervisors’ delegated assignments.
- Prepares and updates correspondence and documents.
- Responds to and resolves issues related to position and seeks supervisors’ guidance for non-routine inquiries.
- Informs supervisor of trends and escalating concerns related to tasks and assignments.
- May be required to meet position related productivity and quality standards.
- Operates office equipment, including copiers and computers.
Non -Training days hours: Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM
Training days hours: Tuesday - Thursday 8 AM - 5 PM Friday & Saturday 8 AM - 7 PM
Minimum Education and Experience
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Continuing education administrative experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – i.e., multiple Outlook accounts, Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, etc. and SharePoint
- Very detail-oriented & organized
- Ability to work effectively with business partners at multiple levels
- Professional presence including the ability to interact with practice owners and executive leadership team.
- Event management experience preferred (i.e., in person and virtual, event promotion and management via social media platforms, etc.)
- Available 1-2 Saturdays per month
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.:
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States