L&D Manager, Instructional Design
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is one of the largest and fastest-growing dental support organizations (DSOs) in the U.S. The team at ADMI lives by a simple purpose: to care for the people who care for the patients. We’ve pioneered an innovative model that takes care of non-clinical business and administrative services so that providers in Aspen Dental branded practices can do what they do best: focus on breaking down barriers and deliver great care and service to their patients.
As a reflection of our continued growth we are pleased to offer an opportunity to join our Learning and Development Team as an Instructional Designer, Manager. We are a mission-driven team, dedicated to supporting the job performance of Aspen Dental team members and ensuring that practice teams are able to give patients the highest quality of care.
As L&D Manager, Instructional Design, you’ll be an independent contributor on a highly-skilled L&D Team, creating learning solutions for the more than 800 Aspen Dental branded offices across the U.S. Learners include doctors, hygienists, office managers, dental assistants, lab technicians, patient service representatives, and more. This is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing organization where career opportunities are plentiful. Our team is one year into an effort to transform learning across the organization; it is an exciting time to join this team.
- Lead and manage assigned projects through the instructional design process including those supported by external vendor resources, as well as those designed fully in-house.
- Use adult learning and human performance improvement theories to create effective learning solutions.
- Conduct job, task and role analysis to determine the best way to leverage learning for performance.
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Program Managers, develop high-quality, needs-based, accessible, and scalable learning solutions for over 12,000 team members.
- Develop and/or improve content using a variety of modalities, including video, simulation, in-person learning, live virtual learning, and web-based.
- Create assessments and evaluations to measure the effectiveness of learning interventions using key performance metrics. Review metrics and feedback with SMEs and stakeholders for continuous development.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, including business and operations teams. Effectively communicate development strategies to senior-level leaders and stakeholders unfamiliar with Learning and Development vernacular and theories.
- Manage team and development projects through their entire life cycle by following established program management guidelines.
- Collaborate with team members on projects and programs that improve the overall learning experience. Foster functional and cross business teamwork.
- Select and supervise outside vendor/contract resources
Minimum Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or related field preferred. Master's degree preferred.
- Job Related/Industry Experience: 5 - 8 years’ experience or more
- Demonstrated application of instructional design and human performance improvement principles
- Demonstrated design experience across learning modalities (ILT, eLearning, Virtual, Performance Support, Mobile, Social)
- Experience with HTML, Captivate, Articulate or comparable software development tools
- Experience with LMS preferred
- Experience with LCMS desirable
- Demonstrated project management skills; ability to meet deadlines and stay in budget
- Experience with evaluation and measurement processes desirable
- Able to travel (with accommodation for COVID-19)
- This role is located in ADMI’s practice support center in Chicago’s trendy Fulton Market neighborhood near many shops and restaurants. With consideration for COVID-19, the role will be primarily remote in the near term. Once employees may safely return to work full-time, this role may work remotely part-time in Chicago.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States