Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is one of the largest and most trusted retail healthcare business support organizations in the U.S., supporting 15,000 healthcare professionals and team members at more than 1,000 health and wellness offices across 46 states in three distinct categories: Dental care, urgent care, and medical aesthetics. Working in partnership with independent practice owners and clinicians, the team is united by a single purpose: to prove that healthcare can be better and smarter for everyone. ADMI provides a comprehensive suite of centralized business support services that power the impact of four consumer-facing businesses: Aspen Dental, ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers, WellNow Urgent Care and Chapter Aesthetic Studio. Each brand has access to a deep community of experts, tools and resources to grow their practices, and an unwavering commitment to delivering high-quality consumer healthcare experiences at scale. As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our L&D team as a Director, Learning and DevelopmentNew Doctor Development
This Director is an important part of the Learning and Development team and has accountabilities for all of our development strategies and programs for new Doctors at Aspen Dental. This role will partner closely with the Senior Director, Doctor Development, and our VP of Clinical Support to create and implement learning solutions and programming that support a new Doctor in their first year. This includes Doctors who are just beginning their professional career as well as established doctors who are transitioning into Aspen Dental.
The Director, New Doctor Development is a proven leader of others who can effectively collaborate with the Clinical Support team, other partners in Learning & Development, Talent Management, Human Resources and with senior leaders across the organization and industry. This leader is a strong performance consultant who can develop solutions and programming to build foundational knowledge, continuously build capability and confidence in new employees to accelerate speed to performance and contribution. This leader has experience orchestrating organizationally complex work and demonstrating business impact through data. This leader must also be hands-on with a willingness to analyze and build, unafraid to roll-up their sleeves to get projects done.
• Support and enable successful onboarding and integration of Aspen Dental’s new Doctors
• Partner with senior leaders, the Clinical Support team, owners and the broader L&D, Talent Management and HR teams to understand specific developments needs in a Doctor’s first year, including clinical skill development, leadership and professional development and business management skills.
• Design and deliver a suite of highly effective onboarding solutions, programs, tools and resources. Solutions may include formal learning programs, experiential learning assignments, coaching, etc.
• Drive a learning culture across the company and with our owners
• Understand the specific needs of new Doctors as learners so you can advocate and adapt for their specific needs and preferences
• Ensure all new doctor development programs are aligned and leveraged across the broader audience of clinicians including hygienists, dental assistants, lab technicians, office support, etc.
• Evaluate existing programs/content for impact and alignment with organizational needs. Provide recommendations for learning experiences that increase reach, impact, and future capability requirements
• Use data to measure success: learn, iterate, and improve; analyze trends and develop proactive actions to improve the experience for future Doctors
• Partner with others to solve business problems and as a member of the Learning and Development leadership team contribute expertise and support beyond doctor development as needed
• Education Level: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
• A minimum of 7+ years of relevant learning and development experience, ideally in a fast-paced organization with a distributed workforce
• A minimum of 5+ years leading a team of L&D professionals
• Advanced understanding of adult learning theory and principles
• Understanding of DSOs (dentistry service organizations) or similar medical industries desirable. Experience leading learning in this field is preferred.
• Previous experience developing onboarding processes and programming
• Strong business insight, with the ability to credibly make a business case, by linking current and anticipated business challenges with learning and development solutions.
• Well versed in digital learning, just-in-time / micro-learning, and blended learning strategies
• Strong capabilities in the area of data analytics (as it pertains to measuring learning)
• Experience providing consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives
• Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extremely flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment
• Excellent facilitation and mentoring skills. Experience in group facilitation and leading group/cohort dynamics in order to create connections and foster understanding
• Ability to travel as needed