Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is one of the largest and most trusted retail healthcare business support organizations in the U.S., supporting 15,000 healthcare professionals and team members at more than 1,000 health and wellness offices across 46 states in three distinct categories: Dental care, urgent care, and medical aesthetics. Working in partnership with independent practice owners and clinicians, the team is united by a single purpose: to prove that healthcare can be better and smarter for everyone. ADMI provides a comprehensive suite of centralized business support services that power the impact of four consumer-facing businesses: Aspen Dental, ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers, WellNow Urgent Care and Chapter Aesthetic Studio. Each brand has access to a deep community of experts, tools and resources to grow their practices, and an unwavering commitment to delivering high-quality consumer healthcare experiences at scale. As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our L&D team as a Director, Learning and Development (Learning Delivery & Eperience).
This Director is an important part of the Learning and Development team and has accountability for the delivery and coordination of all facilitated learning programs and solutions. This leader will lead a team of professional Facilitators and Coordinators and will have accountability for the daily function of our world-class learning center in Chicago. This role will partner closely with the leaders in L&D and other key stakeholders to plan, coordinate and deliver learning programming across all of our audiences.
The Director, Learning Delivery and Experience is a proven leader of others, with exceptional facilitation and organizational skills. This leader is a strong collaborator who can navigate a multiple of partnerships and priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This leader is service-minded and consistently provides an exceptional experience for our learners. This leader also excels at calendar, facility/space and experience management. This leader must also be hands-on with a willingness to facilitate and coordinate as needed, unafraid to roll-up their sleeves to get projects done.
• Own the planning and continuous maintenance of the L&D master calendar for all learning programming
• Strategically plan and schedule all cross-functional learning sessions (in Chicago and virtual); coordinating space/platform availability as well as facilitator and coordinator support
• Serve as the leader of our world-class Learning Center; partnering with key stakeholders from Events, IT, Building Operations, etc. to ensure strong operations and to create an engaging learning environment
• Enable and enhance our ability to deliver impactful development experiences via integration of modern learning technologies and platforms
• Partner with other L&D Leaders and Program Managers to understand the logistics and required support for all learning programming; optimizing support and efficiency across the programs and team of Coordinators
• Oversee and own our internal certification process for learning programs; developing and coaching facilitators and ensuring a world-class standard of delivery for all learning programming
• Serve as world-class facilitator as needed across a variety of learning programs
• Lead a team of professional Facilitators as well as a team of Coordinators; providing direction, coaching and support to optimize the performance and potential of each team member
• Develop and maintain a strong pipeline of L&D talent through continuous talent management, development planning, talent assessment + succession planning and performance management
• Cultivate and protect the learner’s experience while they are attending all of our programming; eliminating distractions and enabling engagement and networking to maximize retention and application of their learning
• Keep pace with both business and functional L&D knowledge, and apply this effectively to optimize learning delivery and improve the learner’s experience
• Manage materials and supplies for learning delivery
• Manage vendors for collateral production and distribution
• Drive a learning culture across the company and with our owners
• Evaluate existing programs/content for impact and alignment with organizational needs. Provide recommendations for learning experiences that increase reach, impact, and future capability requirements
• Use data to measure success: learn, iterate, and improve; analyze trends and develop proactive actions to improve the experience for future learners
• Partner with others to solve business problems and as a member of the Learning and Development leadership team contribute expertise and support beyond learning delivery and experience as needed
• Education Level: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
• A minimum of 7+ years of relevant learning and development experience, ideally in a fast-paced organization with a distributed workforce
• A minimum of 5+ years leading a team of L&D professionals
• Advanced understanding of adult learning theory and principles
• Superb facilitation and mentoring skills.
• Proven ability to facilitate small and large training sessions (live and remotely) and experience with various learning technologies
• Proven success in managing the delivery of a variety of learning solutions; innovative and creative
• Strong ability to create process, organizational systems and operating procedures
• Well versed in digital learning, just-in-time / micro-learning, and blended learning strategies and advanced understanding of delivery methods and modalities
• Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extremely flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment
• Understanding of DSOs (dentistry service organizations) or similar medical industries desirable. Experience leading learning in this field is preferred.
• Ability to travel as needed
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.:
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.