Academic and Industry Relations Manager - Chicago
Aspen Dental is on a mission to give America a healthy mouth. As the nation’s premier dental services organization, we provide expert business, marketing and administrative support to the fastest growing, branded network of dental practices in the country. We take the load off of practitioners to free them up to do what they do best: practice dentistry. Together, we put patients at the heart of everything we do. We are very pleased to offer a new opportunity to join our recruiting team as the Academic and Industry Relations Manager.
- Develops and executes the academic recruitment strategy by coordinating, planning, and hosting recruitment events at dental schools in an effort to gather and convert dental student leads.
- Develops and executes the trade show event strategy by attending industry events in an effort to gather and convert dentist leads.
- Coordinates, plans and hosts dentist interview blitzes, pre-screen and identify top candidates and forward to dentist recruitment team.
- Supports the dentist recruitment team to ensure top hiring needs are being met.
- Liaise with operations, aspen dentists and dentist recruitment team to coordinate participation in events.
- Develops, manages, monitors, and evaluates best-in-class innovative programs related to specialized knowledge and experience.
- Utilizes discretion and initiative to ensure services continue to meet and exceed quality and productivity standards.
- Employs various modes of communication to train all levels of the organization on systems, programs, procedures and processes related to expertise.
- May select, hire, onboard and train direct reports.
- May develop and conduct performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Leads and participates on cross functional teams to share knowledge and expertise to achieve company goals and initiatives.
- Applies project management skills to effectively manage individual and team projects; uses systems to: create project plans; manage project budgets; execute and achieve deliverables.
- Works with external vendors to evaluate, negotiate pricing, purchase and implement systems and products.
- Acts as a resource and partners with all departments and field teams to resolve complex issues related to expertise.
- Creates and monitors position related metrics that identify trending of key performance indicators.
- Conducts analysis, interprets reports, and makes recommendations to changes in policies and procedures related to specialty knowledge area.
- Prepares written and verbal communications using various modes of communication to educate and influence PSC and Field teams.
- Uses specialized systems to manage work.
- Provides input to direct report on initiatives that support company goals and objectives.
- Understands the business structure of Aspen Dental Management, Inc.® and its role as a support service provider for the Doctors and their practices and is able to educate direct reports on this structure and ADMI®’s role.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in academia with the ability to present to large groups is preferred
- Availability for overnight travel 50% of the time.
- Relevant advanced education for specialty knowledge areas
- Job Related/Industry Experience: 5 years or more
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States