For 22 years, Aspen Dental Management, Inc (ADMI) has been innovating and iterating on the dental support organization model. We’re an entrepreneurial-minded group that relentlessly pursues new ways to break down barriers in support of the dentists and 10,000 team members who care for the 1.8 million patients that come through the doors of Aspen Dental practices every year. We believe the culture and partnership cultivated amongst the practice owners, practice teams and ADMI support team powers our success and makes it virtually impossible to imitate what we do. Our continued growth has created an opportunity to join our Real Estate Strategy team as a Data Scientist.
As a reflection of current needs and planned growth we are excited to offer the opportunity to join our team as Data Scientist, Real Estate Strategy, and report to the Director of Real Estate Strategy. The Data Scientist will perform and interpret data studies and product experiments concerning new data sources or new uses for existing data sources. Develop prototypes, proof of concepts, algorithms, predictive models, and custom analysis related to market share analysis and market optimization. Design and build new data set processes for modeling, data mining, and production purposes. Determine new ways to improve data and search quality, and predictive capabilities.
- Develop, and implement data-driven applications and advanced analytical solutions that leverage predictive analytics, data mining techniques, machine learning, open-source tools, orchestration tools, Python, R etc.
- Understanding of data science analytical tools (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure, Anaconda, Jupyter Notebooks, Alteryx, etc.)
- Partner with Director of Real Estate Strategy to provide thought leadership and training on advanced analytic tools, systems, techniques, and methodology - own the methodology used to support analytics within Aspen Dental.
- Translate complex analytical results into clear, concise and actionable insights to all levels within the organization.
- Collaborate with Real Estate, Strategy, FP&A, Marketing and IT (Business Intelligence) on strategic use of data and analytics. Help fill gaps by solving analytical problems.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Aspen Dental processes to effectively understand and analyze internal and external data.
- Drive the adoption of appropriate methodology and techniques to support real estate analytics within Aspen Dental.
- Keep up to date with latest developments in Data Science which encompasses Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning.
- Partners with big data companies to collect and process data (g. local mobile data, social media, household, etc.), develop insights and solve business problems.
- Partner with Real Estate, Strategy, Marketing and FP&A to understand business needs and develop advanced analytics around market share analysis, market planning, market optimization and scenario management.
- Work with 3rd parties to launch advanced analytics on their UI/UX platforms. Develop APIs to pass model inputs and outputs.
Minimum Education and Experience
Skills/Abilities/Experience & Qualifications:
- MS or PhD in Data Science, Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics or related field (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Ops Research) with an emphasis on geospatial modeling.
- Fluency in Python and Python’s scientific programming stack including numpy, pandas, GeoPandas, sklearn, shapely, and various visualization packages including map-based visualizations.
- Experience working with publicly available socio-demographic data, including US Census data and/or publicly available location data such as MapBox and OpenStreetMap.
- Experience working with local mobile traffic data including SafeGraph, UberMedia and/or Placer.ai.
- Experience with social media APIs including Google Place, Google Trends and/or Yelp Fusion.
- Familiarity with a variety of large-scale data analysis tools including Microsoft’s SQL Server and/or Google’s BigQuery.
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis, and trends, and applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation.
Demonstrated problem solving skills and impeccable business judgment. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in applying data science methods to solve real-world business challenges, delivering material impact.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States