For 22 years, Aspen Dental Management, Inc (ADMI) has been innovating and iterating on the dental support organization model. We’re an entrepreneurial-minded group that relentlessly pursues new ways to break down barriers in support of the dentists and 10,000 team members who care for the 1.8 million patients that come through the doors of Aspen Dental practices every year. We believe the culture and partnership cultivated amongst the practice owners, practice teams and ADMI support team powers our success and makes it virtually impossible to imitate what we do.
At ADMI, we recognize that effectively managing our supply base is integral in our ability to deliver innovative and effective services to the practices that we support across the country. The Senior Director of Supply Chain will oversee our company’s logistics operations and strategic sourcing of clinical goods, services, and equipment across the dental and medical categories. Strategic sourcing activities include: developing the overarching category strategies, requirements gathering, identifying sources, creating and issuing Requests for Proposal (RFP), proposal evaluation, contract negotiations, contract drafting, contract administration, formulary management, vendor relationship management, and spend analytics. This position will be functionally responsible for ensuring compliance with company procurement policies, ethical and legal business practices, and lowest total cost of ownership procurement. The total spend under management will exceed $100M USD and growing.
• Lead team of procurement and logistics professionals to develop and execute strategic sourcing and logistics strategies that align with team goals, business objectives, and comply with company and regulatory policies.
• Manage clinical supply base which includes dental supplies, medical supplies, lab services, capital equipment and support services. This position will lead all sourcing activities in these spend areas and serve as the relationship owner of the suppliers. This role will be responsible for managing the lists of preferred items and catalogues for the spend areas under management.
• Manage global logistics function to ensure that goods are moving to and from our locations in intact, on time, damage free, and in a compliant manner.
• This role will align and collaborate with business executives of functional and clinical areas to understand business strategy and develop strategic sourcing strategies to drive optimal value in the purchase of goods and services.
• Lead and support contract negotiations with key suppliers to improve cost, quality, delivery, diversity, and safety in the supply base.
• Lead and coach internal business partners and team members on the sourcing process. Sourcing Process includes gathering requirements, market analysis, identifying sources, RF(x) management, proposal evaluation, negotiations, contract creation, contract management, spend analysis, and long term category planning.
• Lead cross-functional teams comprised of business managers, clinical leaders, legal, risk management, information security, and other impacted organizations to coordinate company sourcing activities in the respective spend areas. The candidate will need to build and analyze financial models to evaluate proposal scenarios and present recommendations in a clear and concise format.
• Provide regular communication to Business and Supply Chain leadership on project status, contract renewals, category performance, industry trends, and various initiatives.
• Assist with driving adoption of company policies, purchase order utilization, e-sourcing activities, and e-procurement activities.
• Must have a thorough understanding of contracting principles and contract structure, with competencies in the areas of goods, services, equipment, materials, capital and expense accounting treatments, taxes, services agreements, and hardware agreements. Must have solid working knowledge of global supply management and best practices in that area.
• Must have strong leadership and team building skills to integrate and motivate people from different organizations to work together in achieving process objectives and project goals.
• Must be adept at communicating with vendors and internal business partners to establish and maintain credibility for the sourcing function, while increasing service to our internal business partners - improving the quality and performance levels of the supply base to achieve the lowest total cost to the Company.
• Skilled in negotiating, renegotiating, and administering contracts with suppliers and vendors such that the best interest of the Company is paramount. Must be capable and experienced in negotiating large scale, enterprise wide supplier agreements.
• Ability to develop, coordinate and control multiple process and or projects, achieving on-time contracting services to satisfy the operating requirements of the Company.
• Ability to create and maintain documentation, in adherence with policy, to meet internal and external audit requirements.
• Demonstrates excellent oral communication skills to convey technical information to both internal and external sources, including non-technical audiences.
• Must have excellent written communication skills to effectively and accurately convey detailed and complex information regarding contract specifications, policies and procedures to consultants/contractors and internal clients.
• Must have experience in effectively establishing procurement strategy and decision criteria and in bringing decisions to closure while demonstrating business acumen and good judgment.
• Computer skills should include proficiency in MS Office including: Word, Excel and Power Point. Experience working with E-Sourcing Platforms, and Access or other database tools.
• Must be able to maintain a high level of customer service in a work environment of numerous competing demands.
• Able to comfortably interface with all levels of Management, inside & outside the organization
Educational & Experience Requirements: The successful candidate should have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Accounting, Engineering, or related areas. MBA or equivalent background is preferred. Professional purchasing certification or Lean Six-Sigma certification is desirable. Solid background in supply chain management, procurement, or project management with an emphasis on strategic sourcing with 10-15+ years of related experience. Demonstrated experience sourcing materials and services for major projects in a fast paced environment. Healthcare supply chain experience is preferred but not required.
Company Info: Aspen Dental Management Inc. (ADMI), headquartered at 281 Sanders Creek Parkway, E. Syracuse, NY 13057, is a Dental Service Organization (DSO) that provides support services to licensed Professional Dental Corporations (PC’s) who operate under the brand name of Aspen Dental. ADMI provides fully-equipped dental offices in A+ prime real estate locations, with full back-end administrative services. Today, we operate over 850 locations with plans of reaching over 1,000 locations within the next 5 years by opening roughly one new office every 5 days. We typically see 6 new patients a day per office. Our primary focus is providing access to care in the 36 states we operate in. Aspen Dental practices provide general Dental, Hygiene, Crown and Bridge and Denture services and has expanded into areas of specialty, such as Implants, Endodontic and other oral surgery treatments. In addition to our dental vertical, we also support a rapidly growing urgent care business operating under the WellNow brand.
Team Overview: The ADMI Supply Chain Team has an overall objective to align with business partners to improve profitability and performance by maximizing the value of our purchased goods and services. This will assure continuous improvement in the cost effectiveness and value of services delivered, ultimately improving customer satisfaction, company financial performance, and the overall strategic position of ADMI. The position will report to the Senior Vice President of Supply Chain and Category.
Location: Position is located in Chicago, IL or Syracuse, NY