Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives. As a reflection of current needs and planned growth we are excited to offer the opportunity to join our leadership team as Vice President, Laboratory Operations.
The Vice President, Laboratory Operations is responsible for creation of the company-wide strategy for the Laboratory business that will expand the company’s fixed and removable prosthetic operations. The VP, Laboratory Operations provides leadership and direction for laboratory new business development, innovative solutions, and operational execution. The Vice President, Laboratory Operations is responsible and accountable to help the organization achieve Laboratory financial targets and profit & loss. The Vice President partners with the Director, Operations Implementation to pilot key initiatives, track overall pilot performance, and transition initiatives to scalable operations processes once personal expectations indicate scaling will yield intended return. The Vice President partners with learning and development to ensure proper team member education and change management. The Vice President is hyper-focused on expansion of our Laboratory portfolio and supporting practice owners and their clinical teams.
• Creates and enhances Laboratory companywide strategy and drives the execution of the strategic plan.
• Accountable for Laboratory P&L results and is charged with the development of metrics to ensure the achievement of established goals and objectives related to production, costs, on-time delivery, and customer and patient satisfaction.
• Drives innovative developments for revenue growth through diverse channels and tactics, including marketing and sales programs, and new product offerings.
• Partners with the Director, Operations Implementation to pilot Laboratory initiatives, track and report on progress against pilot goals, and determine the point of scalable solution. Partners with field operations leaders to transition Laboratory initiatives from pilot to scale.
• Maintains strong partnerships between the company and Aspen practice owners to ensure alignment to strategic Laboratory objectives. Partners with field operations leaders and practice owners to develop and execute implementation plans, including team member education, process improvements, sales plans and key performance metrics.
• Analyzes and assess territory revenue and profit trends. Supports key plans to improve lagging results.
• Partners with Learning & Development to plan training based on pilot needs. If a sustainable solution, partners based on territory needs to ensure monthly, quarterly and/or annual goals are met. Partners with Learning & Development to identify and support established educational programs.
• Maintains regular contact with practice owners and their dentists to strengthen relationships and ensure satisfaction with products, solutions and services.
• Develops and maintain relationships with key influential thought leaders. Utilizes these relationships to enhance service delivery.
• Studies and stay informed on products, technologies, clinical studies, competitive activity, and other general information of interest to practice owners related to new products & services.
• Establishes and maintains a travel schedule that will allow consistent contact with field leaders, practice owners and their teams, both pre and post implementation.
• Identifies, reviews and communicates performance indicators to key stakeholders. Partners with Director, Operations Implementation to communicate performance results when piloting programs.
• Facilitates the distribution of regular reports to monitor success, and enhance sustainable Laboratory programs when needed.
• Remains current on industry trends. Identifies new products & services to enhance practice operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred
• Laboratory / clinical experience desirable
• Results driven individual
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Ability to effectively work cross-functional and influence at all levels of the organization
• Strong analytical skills- experience with MS Office
• Leading and executing large-scale initiatives
• LEAN, Six Sigma, and ISO experience desirable