Sr. Manager, Category Development & Strategy
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is the nation’s premier dental services organization. We provide expert business and administrative support to the fastest growing, branded network of dental practices in the country. We recognize that our success is a direct result of empowering and supporting ambitious dental professionals; together we build and develop successful, patient focused dental practices.
As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are very pleased to offer an opportunity to join our growing team as a Sr. Manager, Category Development & Strategy.
The Sr. Manager, Category Development & Strategy, will partner with the Vice President of Category Development & Strategy to develop strategies and tactics to accelerate adoption and utilization of both digital scanning and clear aligners within the Aspen network. This individual will serve as an expert in the clear aligner space and be responsible for developing and executing the business case for new products and solutions to ensure Aspen remains an industry leader in the category. She/he will partner cross-functionally with Marketing, Operations, Analytics and Learning & Development to ensure effectiveness of all programs, pilots and initiatives.
Key Functions Include:
- Develop and execute strategic plans for digital scanning and the clear aligner category.
- Oversee effectiveness of programs and initiatives. Track and share successes and best practices.
- Catalog user needs, product feedback and other primary market research to drive the long term product roadmap.
- Develop the business case for new products, services and delivery to stay ahead of category trends.
- Partner with Marketing, Business Development and Learning & Development teams to identify opportunity and develop plans to drive consumer demand and conversion.
- Track competitive products and emerging technology. Identify complementary technology and potential opportunities for partnership.
- Provide regular communication to business executives on performance to goal, in-market pilots as well as category trends.
- Must have strong leadership and team building skills to integrate and motivate people from different organizations to work together in achieving process objectives and project goals.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders (Finance, Marketing, L&D, Operations and Procurement).
- Demonstrates excellent oral communication skills to convey technical information to both internal and external sources, including non-technical audiences.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills with an ability to creatively develop varied solution sets to multi-dimensional problems.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task; demonstrates flexibility to be proactive in a fast pace, ever changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to lead through influence and collaborates across functional areas.
- Resourceful and motivated self-starter.
- Analytical & Word Processing skills: Demonstrates proficiency of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); capable of building and manipulating financial models and preparing written memos and presentations for an executive-level audience.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Education Level: Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Experience Level: Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant professional experience in strategy, consulting, product sales/development, and/or corporate strategy/development.
- Experience in healthcare services and/or multi-site retail preferred.
- Project management experience required.
- Must be intellectually curious, inquisitive, thoughtful, and a good listener.
- Ability to travel as necessary (20%).
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States