Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives. As a reflection of current needs and planned growth we are excited to offer the opportunity to join our leadership team as Senior Director, Orthodontic Operations.
The Senior Director, Orthodontic Operations is responsible for input into the company-wide strategy for the Orthodontic category and for the tactical execution of the strategy. This role partners with field operations, practice owners and practice teams to ensure Orthodontic initiatives yield intended returns. The Senior Director, Orthodontic Operations is responsible and accountable to help the organization achieve Orthodontic financial targets and profit & loss. The Senior Director partners with the Director, Operations Implementation to pilot key initiatives, track overall pilot performance and transition initiatives to scalable operations processes once performance expectations indicate scaling will yield intended return. The Senior Director is partners with learning and development to ensure proper team member education and change management. The Senior Director is hyper-focused on the seamless integration of Orthodontics into the general dental practices, with a focus on supporting practice owners and their clinical teams.
• Provides ongoing feedback to the VP, Orthodontics Category Development & Strategy to inform Orthodontic strategy and drives the execution of the strategic plan.
• Partners with the Director, Operations Implementation to pilot Orthodontic initiatives, track and report on progress against pilot goals, and determine the point of scalable solution.
• Partners with field operations leaders to transition Orthodontic initiatives from pilot to scale.
• Maintains strong partnerships between the company and Aspen practice owners to ensure alignment to strategic Orthodontic objectives.
• Partners with field operations leaders and practice owners to develop and execute implementation plans, including team member education, process improvements, sales plans and key performance metrics.
• Analyzes and assess territory revenue and profit trends. Supports key plans to improve lagging results.
• Partners with Learning & Development to plan training based on pilot needs. If a sustainable solution, partners based on territory needs to ensure monthly, quarterly and/or annual goals are met.
• Partners with Learning & Development to identify and support established educational programs.
• Maintains regular contact with practice owners and their dentists to strengthen relationships and ensure satisfaction with products, solutions and services.
• Develops and maintain relationships with key influential thought leaders. Utilizes these relationships to enhance service delivery.
• Studies and stay informed on products, technologies, clinical studies, competitive activity, and other general information of interest to practice owners related to new products & services.
• Establishes and maintains a travel schedule that will allow consistent contact with field leaders, practice owners and their teams, both pre and post implementation.
• Identifies, reviews and communicates performance indicators to key stakeholders. Partners with Director, Operations Implementation to communicate performance results when piloting programs.
• Facilitates the distribution of regular reports to monitor success, and enhance sustainable Orthodontic programs when needed.
• Collaborates with ADMI functional areas to ensure thorough understanding and execution of dental specialty programs. This may include insurance operations, IT, marketing, and others.
• Remains current on industry trends. Identifies new products & services to enhance practice operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred
• Orthodontics / clinical experience desirable
• Results driven individual
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Ability to effectively work cross-functional and influence at all levels of the organization
• Strong analytical skills- experience with MS Office
• Strong project management skills