Divisional Director of Orthodontic Support
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is one of the largest and most trusted retail healthcare business support organizations in the U.S., supporting 15,000 healthcare professionals and team members at more than 1,000 health and wellness offices across 46 states in three distinct categories: Dental care, urgent care, and medical aesthetics. Working in partnership with independent practice owners and clinicians, the team is united by a single purpose: to prove that healthcare can be better and smarter for everyone. ADMI provides a comprehensive suite of centralized business support services that power the impact of four consumer-facing businesses: Aspen Dental, ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers, WellNow Urgent Care and Chapter Aesthetic Studio. Each brand has access to a deep community of experts, tools and resources to grow their practices, and an unwavering commitment to delivering high-quality consumer healthcare experiences at scale. As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our dedicated team as a Divisional Director, Orthodontic Support.
The Divisional Director, Orthodontic Support (DDOS) will be responsible for growth of the Orthodontic business within a defined division. The DDOS will provide recommendations for improvements and educate operational leaders on opportunities to positively impact financial results. The DDOS will work with their respective operation leaders to integrate Dental Health Scans and Clear Aligners in a scalable manner. The DDOS’s will optimize resources and efficiency, develop systems and processes, increase profitability and enable office teams to drive practice growth, ultimately leading to top line revenue growth within the category and office.
- Coaching and Developing Others—Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Decision Making—Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- High-Impact Communication—Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and concerns.
- Leadership Disposition—Attends to the needs and feelings of others to develop effective working relationships; takes a structured approach to managing self and others; exhibits leadership qualities that elicit the trust of others; rapidly learns and applies new job-related information; demonstrates a continuous learning orientation.
- Work Standards—Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Increase Dental Health Scan percent
- Increase Clear Aligner utilization
- Assist in development and delivery of training content
- Coaches and develops Dental Assistants, Hygienists and OMs to improve performance and capability, resolves performance issues, provides positive feedback, and takes appropriate corrective action when needed.
- Supports all pilot initiatives assigned to offices.
- Understands the business structure of Aspen Dental Management, Inc. ® and its role as a support service provider for the Doctors and their practices and is able to educate direct reports on this structure and ADMI’s®
- Ability to influence doctors and hygienists
- Proficient in digital scanning
- Proficient in Orthodontic case selection
- Proficient in Orthodontic case presentation
- Work with the doctor and team to develop standard of care for scanning and Ortho
- Understands and can teach Orthodontic troubleshooting
- Understands and can teach effective consulting
- Strategic territory management
- Strong public speaker
- Ability to speak to a PnL and the profitability of Orthodontics in a GP practice
- Ability to work with the office on hiring and labor related issues
- Work cross-functionally with Ops and Hygiene Support
- Develop strategic relationships with doctors
Minimum Education and Experience
- Education Level: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Job Related/Industry Experience: 5 years or more
- Travel 25-35%, occasional weekends
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and project management skills
- Self-motivated; dedicated
- Ability to manage numerous projects and partners simultaneously
- Able to work independently and make accurate, educated decisions
- Proactive problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to build and nurture business relationships with internal and external customers at executive levels by consultative methods
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge.
- Effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members
- Strong strategic planning and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate and advocate
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Remain current on new industry trends, technologies, competitors and place in the market
- Pro-active; high-performance and results orientation
- Ability to consistently work, manage and function with integrity
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.: ADMI is a dental support organization providing non-clinical business support services to independent, doctor owned Aspen Dental-branded dental practices. Today, there are more than 900 Aspen Dental locations across the US. ADMI has support center operations in East Syracuse, NY, Chicago, IL and Chandler, AZ.
Aspen Dental - Boston, Massachusetts 02026 United States NEW ENGLAND NORTH,