Director of Clinical Support
Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity for Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) to hire a Director of Clinical Support. The Director of Clinical Support will serve as a member of ADMI’s leadership team, reporting to the Chief Clinical Officer, and serving as ADMI’s clinical liaison to its supported dental practices. The Director of Clinical Support will play a leadership role in advocating Aspen Dental practices as the premier career choice for dentists. The Director of Clinical Support will also develop, implement, and lead programs that help clinical professionals employed by Aspen Dental practices to facilitate a superior patient experience.
- Help to define Aspen Dental practices as the leading patient and professional brand in dentistry today by shaping strategic plans and recommendations relating to professional learning and development, practice operations, credentialing, compliance, specialty services and vendor partnerships.
- Work with ADMI’s leadership team to develop and execute a strategy to enhance the support provided to Aspen Dental practices as a means to elevate the practices’ patient delivery model and practice results.
- Join a high performance team of Clinical Directors that provide supported dentists and their teams with in-office and in-region assistance geared toward practice optimization while emphasizing the need to provide the highest standards of patient care.
- Develop robust, insightful and actionable reporting and metrics, building a playbook that assists the practices to maximize their financial results and practice performance.
- Lead efforts to understand patient requirements and create a robust, scalable service model that embraces the practices’ quality of care obligations, efficiency and compliance.
- Curriculum design - develop programs for new and experienced dentists in leadership and management courses to nurture their career progression and the development of clinical and general dental skills.
- Support the leadership of supported practices in their evaluation of practice performance.
- Partner with and support ADMI’s Laboratory Operations in its ongoing fixed and removable prosthetic manufacturing programs, serving as a clinical liaison to supported practices.
- Work with ADMI’s Supply Chain and IT/IS teams to evaluate, recommend, and implement new patient care technologies ensuring supported dentists and their teams have the tools and working environment to provide a superior experience to their patients.
- Collaborate and build effective relationships with industry stakeholders, state dental boards, national trade associations, academia, vendor partners, etc., in support of ongoing brand development.
- Up to 50% travel to ADMI supported dental practices to provide coaching and mentorship to dentists.
Minimum Education and Experience
- DDS or DMD or equivalent.
- Current license to practice dentistry in at least one (1) U.S. state.
- Five (5) years’ experience as a dentist in practice(s) supported by a Dental Service Organization.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States