Chief of Staff
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is a leading dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support services to more than 800 independently owned and operated Aspen Dental practice locations in 43 states. Our purpose? To care for the people who care for the patients, providing expert business support to the largest, fastest-growing branded network of dental practices in the country. This model makes it easier for independent, licensed practitioners to do what they do best: Care for their patients.
As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Leadership team as a Chief of Staff.
The Chief of Staff provides strategic counsel to key leaders in the organization and serves as an advisor to the CEO. The CoS is also the main organizer and planner of company initiatives, attending to the minute details while staying attuned to the macro vision of business operations. The work is varied and strategic. The CoS operates at a tactical, strategic and operational level, often handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or [that] fall between departments or leaders’ areas of responsibility. The CoS serves as an air traffic controller for the CEO and the senior team, is an integrator connecting different work streams that would otherwise remain siloed and is a communicator linking the leadership team and the broader organization. Finally, the CoS has the skill and experience to integrate themselves into the organization and quickly assess issues that serve as barriers to the organization operating at maximum capacity.
- Track and monitor high priority initiatives for strategy owners and identify any obstacles
- Communicate initiative status to leaders, pulling in other leaders or team members as necessary
- Oversee project teams that require input from multiple areas within the company
- Ensure timely and effective completion of projects and initiatives of the CEO
- Bring together multiple stakeholders and help drive decisions
- Research, benchmark, analyze data and make recommendations
- Oversee board meeting preparation and creation of board meeting materials
- Run quarterly business reviews
- Create and update monthly dashboards for the CEO and help track changes in key metrics
- Analyze investment opportunities
- Identify and lead high-profile strategic projects
- Define and research new ideas and business initiatives
- Provide decision support through data gathering, information analyzing, and presenting considerations to relevant stakeholders
Communication and Public Relations
- Draft speeches, presentations, proposals, emails, etc. for CEO
- Vet speaking opportunities and interview requests
- Internal and external communications
- Act as the communication conduit for key executives in the organization, clients, or major stakeholders
- Attend meetings in place of the CEO as necessary and deliver progress reports
- Represent CEO in meetings, by email, and phone calls with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assess all inquiries directed to the CEO and determine the proper course of action
- Determine which meetings take priority
- Vet requests for time and rout requests to other departments as appropriate
- Monitor information flow: ensuring the CEO’s involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment.
Minimum Education and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership/management role, business development, corporate strategy and/or executive management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field; MBA preferred
- Experience in consulting and operations
- Possess a can-do attitude
- Collaborative personality
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong interpersonal skills and a knack for productive collaboration across varying departments
- Detail-oriented, data-driven and business-minded
- Impeccable time management and multi-tasking skills
- Able to successfully organize, lead and direct large teams of people
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Problem solver who can make clear-headed decisions while under pressure
- Ability to analyze and compile large sets of data and present effective reports
- Strong interpersonal skills with and ability to diffuse work conflict without bringing it to the CEO’s attention
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Highly experienced with project coordinating and management
- Proven creative and strategic thinker with strong business acuity
- Ability to build trusting relationships with leadership team
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States