Sr. Marketing Director, User Experience
For 22 years, Aspen Dental Management, Inc (ADMI) has been innovating and iterating on the dental support organization model. We’re an entrepreneurial-minded group that relentlessly pursues new ways to break down barriers in support of the dentists and 10,000 team members who care for the 1.8 million patients that come through the doors of Aspen Dental practices every year. We believe the culture and partnership cultivated amongst the practice owners, practice teams and ADMI support team powers our success and makes it virtually impossible to imitate what we do.
As a Senior Director of UX for Aspen Dental, you will apply your knowledge of team, product and project management, UX research, design and testing methodologies, industry UX best practices and proven UX processes to help coordinate, plan, define, design and deliver next-generation end to end customer experience for Aspen’s customer journey. This Director will help set a compelling, consistent UX direction for Aspen’s digital platform both online and in the practice offices.
- Map the end to end Aspen customer journey and identify all pain points, opportunities to optimize and reduce customer friction, employ best practices, and create new experiences that delight customers and win against competitors
- Utilize your technical proficiency in Design Research, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Design Technology or Content Strategy by owning and managing multiple research, design, prototyping and product development efforts, including UX budgets
- Influence change and business decisions through partnerships with others and using the latest UX methods, collaborative design, service design, informal and formal testing and rapid prototyping
- Be a passionate advocate and evangelist of UX with executives, business leaders, and Aspen talent at all levels of the org. and externally
- Work with product managers and architects to develop realistic product plans that properly prioritize, scope and plan for UX research, design and testing at all phases of the product development lifecycle. Work with product managers, IT, and Marketing to understand market needs & vision; work with teams to quickly translate that vision into workflows, interactions and designs for development and creative
- Participate in and lead team discussions relative to current user experience projects. Feel comfortable independently working on design sprints, UX requirements definition sessions and design thinking workshops and accurately scoping UX research and design work
- Work directly with customers and users to understand business and technical needs, goals, work processes and outcomes
- Contribute to and leverage a company-wide design system
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile software development as well as Lean UX methodologies and can troubleshoot the challenges of integrating UX into an Agile model
- Guide effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, workflows, prototypes, written requirements, usability documentation and coded UI components
- Lead UX’s engagement with product owners and other business stakeholders to frame problems, prioritize and scope design efforts, receive and respond to design feedback, with the ultimate goal of shipping a high-quality product that is valued by our customers
- Leads teams to conduct user research to understand user needs, mental models and working contexts
- Maintain awareness of e-commerce trends in new functionality and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Oversee A/B and Multivariate testing on the majority of front-end usability changes/enhancements.
- Supervise the administration of qualitative and quantitative researched focus on online customer behavior
- Synthesizes output of stakeholder research & creates visualizations that effectively summarize key insights related to user and customer needs and behaviors, product definition.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in “STEAM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 12 years of professional experience in user experience design
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in people management
- A track record of successfully planning and scoping design programs that improve product and service UX at scale.
- Proven ability to identify new project opportunities based on design thinking principles and prior outcomes.
- Translates the realistic and creative ideas into plans and actions. Thinks beyond boundaries to create vision.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States