Sr. Director of Product Management
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is one of the largest and most trusted retail healthcare business support organizations in the U.S., supporting 15,000 healthcare professionals and team members at more than 1,000 health and wellness offices across 46 states in three distinct categories: Dental care, urgent care, and medical aesthetics. Working in partnership with independent practice owners and clinicians, the team is united by a single purpose: to prove that healthcare can be better and smarter for everyone. ADMI provides a comprehensive suite of centralized business support services that power the impact of four consumer-facing businesses: Aspen Dental, ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers, WellNow Urgent Care and Chapter Aesthetic Studio. Each brand has access to a deep community of experts, tools and resources to grow their practices, and an unwavering commitment to delivering high-quality consumer healthcare experiences at scale.
As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Marketing organization as the Sr Director of Product Management. This is a critical role in the organization providing direction and expertise to drive new product development across all Aspen Dental’s service lines, current and future, bringing to life products that will elevate the customer experience and drive business growth. The Sr. Director of Product Management will manage the overall vision for different service lines/ categories, roadmap, and business case to maximize enterprise value and ensure a world class customer and provider experience at every digital touchpoint. The Sr. Director of Product Management will also guide the day-to-day execution of the vision for new product development activities by delivering roadmap and prioritized backlog to maximize user and customer value. The Sr. Director of Product Management is expected to encompass agile product owner and product management responsibilities.
- Responsible and accountable for end-to-end definition, and guiding delivery of Aspen Dental’s service lines ecosystem, as well as, guiding the overall delivery schedule.
- Identify and assess opportunities against business goals. Prioritizes those opportunities with internal stakeholders and external partners to build and maintain the product roadmap.
- Manages the implementation of the product roadmap into product backlog leading the product ownership using an agile development methodology.
- Directly manages product strategy for the defined portfolio by completing detailed market analysis and business cases.
- Manages driving a product through its entire development cycle, from concept to launch to lifecycle management, with a strong focus on details but never losing sight of the big picture.
- Leads cross-functional teams to execute on product development (UX Design, Visual Design, IT, Engineering, Operations, Customer Care, Quality, Marketing, Finance, and Legal).
- Acts as the “voice of the customer” and “voice of the user” and provides a business perspective on value of the product roadmap and backlog.
- Analyzes and develops differentiation against key competitors by understanding market landscape, emerging technology, and customer needs and trends.
- Works closely with select internal and external customers to gather requirements and assist marketing with customer presentations as the product expert.
- Supports any required RFI/RFP boilerplates, training, tools, collateral, and knowledge bases.
- Builds and maintains relationship with third party product vendors to realize product value proposition, as required.
- Partners with all internal departments to align & prioritize the long-term roadmap and short-term quarterly roadmaps.
Minimum Education and Experience
- 10+ years of product management experience, ideally with experience developing user experiences in the consumer facing high tech industry, medical devices, or consumer electronics.
- Demonstrated success in executing and directing new product development activities in multiple areas
- Ideal candidate has experience in designing, implementing, and iterating on consumer experiences including physical and digital products.
- Ideal candidate also has the technical and operations acumen to understand the implications of back-end services and operations on the user experience and vice versa
- Undergraduate marketing, business administration, computer science, MBA or MIS desired
- Demonstrated success as a product owner, including effective management of a product roadmap to agile product backlog
- Clear passion about Aspen Dental’s mission and ability to identify possibilities in our industry
- Proven skills to collaborate with cross functional teams, and able to influence others to support decisions
- Ability to be self-directed to solve business issues in defined product area
- Ability to make decisions about and prioritize own work
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience at a startup or highly dynamic environment
- Creativity in managing culturally diverse customers, changing requirements and shifting priorities for product development
- Passionate advocate for our customers and the user experience
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States