Senior Manager, Strategic Innovation
Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives. As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are very pleased to offer an opportunity to join our Marketing team as Senior Manager, Strategic Innovation.
The Senior Manager of Strategic Innovation is a critical role in the ADMI marketing organization and is responsible for developing, bringing to market, and leading new products, services, and patient experience projects that enhance the Aspen Dental clinical and non-clinical patient experience. Examples of recent projects this role would be responsible for include but is not limited to: New office design/formats (ie. Aspen Dental at Walgreens), the launch of new products or services (ie. Aspen Dental clear orthodontic aligners launch), and in-practice consultative selling and patient education tools (ie. Interactive chairside education). This is a great opportunity for an individual with product, service, and/or retail-innovation experience that wants to put those skills to work with a high-growth company impacting the lives and dental health of over 1.8million patients a year. This role reports to the VP of Strategy, Insights, and Innovation.
- Proactively explore strategic innovation opportunities driven by revenue gaps, market opportunities, technology improvements, and stakeholder needs to create comprehensive opportunity proposals.
- Develop and cross-functionally align concept, business plan/operating model, and resources required.
- Utilize data and market research in development & pre-launch evaluation of new innovation
- Lead the year one commercial launch and project management of lead market(s)
- Conduct ongoing performance/KPI tracking and analysis to assess and optimize innovation performance
- Lead go/no-go launch recommendation and transition plan to going-business ownership
Minimum Education and Experience
- 5+ years brand, product, or retail/service management experience
- Significant experience launching commercially viable innovation projects backed using multi-channel campaigns
- Experience with human centered innovation (ie. user experience, environment/store design, new business models, consumer facing technology, workflow efficiency)
- Experience working closely with internal & external creative agencies and producing outstanding results.
- Strategic thinker with developed analytical and problem solving skills to translate findings into actionable insights.
- Flexible and comfortable working in a cross-functional capacity within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-driven, agile, curious and passionate personality and can collaborate effectively with a diverse set of business partners (commercial, technical, medical, operations)
- Proven ability to drive projects across matrix organizations
- Personality traits: Thrives with ambiguity. Adaptable, diplomatic, thoughtful, and authentic
- Education: BA/BS
- Role is based in ADMI’s West Loop, Chicago Headquarters, and requires 5% USDM travel
About Aspen Dental
Aspen Dental is committed to breaking down barriers so that patients can get the care they need today. With over 760 offices in 39 states, and caring for more than 1.8 million patients a year Aspen Dental has proven itself the fastest growing branded network of dental practices in the country. To best meet the needs of our patients Aspen Dental provides a wide range of general dentistry and denture-related services and offers patient-friendly programs and services, including convenient locations, onsite labs, online scheduling, flexible financing, and extended hours.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
The idea behind ADMI’s business model is simple. We take care of non-clinical business and administrative services so that providers are free to focus on patient care. As the nation's premier dental services organization, we provide expert business, marketing, product innovation, and administrative support to the fastest growing, branded network of dental practices in the country. We take the load off of practitioners to free them up to do what they do best: practice dentistry. Together, we put patients at the heart of everything we do and we continue to innovate to identify new and better ways to break down barriers so that patients can get the care they need.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States