Manager, Internal Communications
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is a leading dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support services to independently owned and operated Aspen Dental offices in 41 states. Our purpose? To care for the people who care for the patients, providing expert business support to the largest, fastest-growing branded network of dental practices in the country. This model makes it easier for independent, licensed practitioners to do what they do best: Care for their patients.
As a reflection of current needs and planned growth we are excited to offer the opportunity to join a dedicated team as Manager, Internal Communications.
The Manager, Internal Communications will contribute to the development and implementation of strategic communication initiatives that currently supports more than 800 Aspen Dental practices across the US, with continued projections of a steep growth trajectory. This individual will join an integrated marketing team that is responsible for advertising (TV, print, radio; digital marketing; marketing technology development; external and internal communication; creative and content development; social media; and insights, strategy and experience innovation.
A core member of the communications team, the Internal Communications Manager will support the development and execution of team member communications designed to inspire, engage and align internal audiences, with a particular focus on dentists.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify audience insights and communications touchpoints, especially for various dentist roles, and design strategic communications framework to reach and influence them
- Serve as communications business partner to and collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders; Most frequent collaborators will include Clinical Support, L&D, Recruitment Marketing, New Office Operations, and Practice Ownership Program
- Develop and execute executive communications plan for Chief Clinical Officer
- Lead editorial planning and write, produce and edit content that brings to life defined content strategy and reinforces our “Yes” culture
- Liaise with communications, social media & recruitment teams to produce and distribute content via Life at Aspen Dental social media channels
- Work in partnership with external PR team and agency partner to identify, develop and pursue opportunities to tell doctor stories in trade, consumer/ biz media
- Provide strategic input to communication department’s annual plan as well as for doctor communications component of individual marketing projects
- Establish and deliver regular reporting on key metrics/analytics to ensure programs and initiatives are achieving planned objectives
- Apply project management skills to effectively manage individual and team projects (defining key deliverables, project plans and timelines, budgets)
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the business structure of Aspen Dental Management, Inc. as well as target audiences and business objectives
Minimum Education and Experience
- A. or B.S. degree required, with a major in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
- 4-6 years of communications or public relations experience (healthcare and large, multi-site retail experience a plus)
- Team player with a “Yes,” can-do mindset who is highly collaborative and a hands-on doer
- Strong editorial sense and experience creating and driving content strategy for target audiences
- Results oriented individual who delivers results under tight and moving deadlines
- Excellent writing, verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others at all levels of the organization, as well as independently
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, growing organization
- Digitally savvy individual who is innovative and understands internal channels through which internal stakeholders in a variety of functions gather information
- Proven ability to translate trends, opportunities, themes, insights and organizational needs into actionable plans
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven experience in developing timelines, and meeting those milestones
- Experience with Microsoft suite required; experience with SharePoint preferable
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States