Director of Product Management, Digital
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is a leading dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support services to more than 800 independently owned and operated Aspen Dental practice locations in 43 states. Our purpose? To care for the people who care for the patients, providing expert business support to the largest, fastest-growing branded network of dental practices in the country. This model makes it easier for independent, licensed practitioners to do what they do best: Care for their patients.
As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Marketing organization as the Director of Product Management, Digital. This is a critical role in the organization providing direction and expertise to drive new product development across all Aspen Dental’s digital experiences, current and future, including the website and future app. The Director of Product Management will manage the overall vision for the digital platform, roadmap, and business case to maximize enterprise value and ensure a world class customer and provider experience at every digital touchpoint. The Director of Product Management will also guide the day-to-day execution of the vision for new product development activities by delivering roadmap and prioritized backlog to maximize user and customer value. The Director of Product Management is expected to encompass agile product owner and product management responsibilities.
- Responsible and accountable for end-to-end definition, and guiding delivery of Aspen Dental’s digital ecosystem, as well as, guiding the overall delivery schedule
- Identify and assess opportunities against business goals. Prioritizes those opportunities with internal stakeholders and external partners to build and maintain the digital product roadmap.
- Manages the implementation of the digital product roadmap into product backlog leading the product ownership using an agile development methodology.
- Directly manages product strategy for the defined digital portfolio by completing detailed market analysis and business cases.
- Manages driving a product through its entire development cycle, from concept to launch to lifecycle management, with a strong focus on details but never losing sight of the big picture.
- Leads cross-functional teams to execute on product development (UX Design, Visual Design, IT, Engineering, Operations, Customer Care, Quality, Marketing, Finance, and Legal).
- Acts as the “voice of the customer” and “voice of the user” and provides a business perspective on value of the product roadmap and backlog.
- Analyzes and develops differentiation against key competitors by understanding market landscape, emerging technology, and customer needs and trends.
- Works closely with select internal and external customers to gather requirements and assist marketing with customer presentations as the product expert.
- Supports any required RFI/RFP boilerplates, training, tools, collateral, and knowledge bases.
- Builds and maintains relationship with third party product vendors to realize product value proposition, as required.
- Partners with all internal departments to align & prioritize the long-term roadmap and short-term quarterly roadmaps.
Minimum Education and Experience
- 10+ years of UX-focused product management experience, ideally with experience developing user experiences in the consumer facing high tech industry
- Demonstrated success in executing and directing new product development activities in multiple areas
- Ideal candidate has experience in designing, implementing, and iterating on consumer digital experiences including e-commerce websites and apps
- Ideal candidate also has the technical and operations acumen to understand the implications of back-end services and operations on the user experience and vice versa
- Undergraduate degree in design, computer science, or marketing, MBA or MIS desired
- Demonstrated success as a product owner in SCRUM software development, including effective management of a product roadmap to agile product backlog
- Clear passion about Aspen Dental’s mission and ability to identify possibilities in our industr
- Proven skills to collaborate with cross functional teams, and able to influence others to support decisions
- Ability to be self-directed to solve business issues in defined product area
- Ability to make decisions about and prioritize own work
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience at a startup or highly dynamic environment
- Creativity in managing culturally diverse customers, changing requirements and shifting priorities for product development
- Passionate advocate for our customers and the user experience
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States