Senior Director, External Communications
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is a leading dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support services to independently owned and operated Aspen Dental offices in 38 states. Our purpose? To care for the people who care for the patients, providing expert business support to the largest, fastest-growing branded network of dental practices in the country. This model makes it easier for independent, licensed practitioners to do what they do best: Care for their patients.
In addition to our continued success in the dental industry we now provide support services to one of the New York’s fastest growing urgent care providers, WellNow.
As a reflection of current needs and planned growth we are excited to offer the opportunity to join a dedicated team as Director, External Communications.
The Director, External Communications will contribute to the development and implementation of strategic communication initiatives that currently supports over 700 Aspen Dental practices across the US and close to 30 WellNow Urgent Care centers in New York State, with continued projections of a steep growth trajectory for both brands. This individual will join an integrated marketing team that is responsible for advertising (TV, print, radio; digital marketing; marketing technology development; external and internal communication; creative and content development; social media; and insights, strategy and experience innovation.
- Play a key role in the development of and implementation of a centralized communications strategy that raises awareness of and builds the reputation of Aspen Dental and WellNow stories, including increasing understanding of and support for the Aspen Dental (DSO) business model
- Support the on-going development of the Aspen Dental and WellNow employment brands as we continue to build an industry leading recruitment marketing and communications function
- Serve as day-today contact to public relations agency to provide strategic direction, facilitate earned coverage and provide strategic guidance
- Oversee and direct media relations strategy, including development of story angles and content to secure a regular cadence of national, regional and local media coverage for Aspen Dental dentists/WellNow clinics, news, and the brand
- Leverage existing relationships with local (CHI) and national outlets, as well as build strong working relationships with key media, including business, consumer healthcare, and industry trade outlets
- Serve as spokesperson on behalf of Aspen Dental practices and ADMI, as appropriate
- Help to secure media opportunities for the ADMI Executive Leadership Team and manage their participation in these events
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding Aspen Dental programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects
- Partner with the VP of Communications in defining what success looks like for communications, including the development of measurements, timelines and monitoring
- Take ownership of building a strategy to highlight ADMI’s current social responsibility programs including, the Healthy Mouth Movement and also identifying new opportunities to increase the potential for National media coverage
- Represent the interests of Aspen Dental/ADMI at key industry groups (Dental Group Practice Organization, Dentists for Oral Health Innovation)
- Work closely with the VP of communications to develop an Issue and Crisis communications strategy.
- Serve as a point of contact for communications during the management of an issue or crisis
- Manage incoming consumer and trade media inquiries in conjunction with the public relations agencies
Minimum Education and Experience
- 8-10 years of experience in public/media relations and perception/issues management (agency or large, multi-site retail experience a plus) high personal credibility with the media and with influencers and an extensive network with influencers, the media, regional and national press in consumer, business and trade press
- Successful track record in managing the media relations in a fast paced, changing culture is mandatory
- Results oriented individual who is strong at getting into the details and delivering results under tight deadlines and high expectations
- Tech savvy individual who is innovative and understands channels through which stakeholders gather information, including a good understanding of new media and digital
- Proven ability to translate trends, opportunities, themes, insights and organizational needs into actionable plans
- Strong editing abilities and deep experience developing content strategy and bringing it to life
- Excellent writing, verbal communication and listening skills
- Demonstrated success in leveraging social media strategies to drive overall communications strategic objectives
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong team player who is highly collaborative and a hands-on doer
- Proven experience in developing timelines and budgets, and meeting those milestones
- B.A. or B.S. degree required, specialization in communications, journalism, public relations or related field preferred
- Knowledge of and familiarity with health care and retail trade and consumer media are pluses
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States