Director, Brand Management and Strategy
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is a leading dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support services to more than 800 independently owned and operated Aspen Dental practice locations in 43 states. Our purpose? To care for the people who care for the patients, providing expert business support to the largest, fastest-growing branded network of dental practices in the country. This model makes it easier for independent, licensed practitioners to do what they do best: Care for their patients.
As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Marketing organization as the Director, Brand Management and Strategy.
The Director, Brand Management plays a leading role in the establishment of the business’s brand building strategies across all channels. This is done in collaboration with key marketing departmental leaders, HR, and the CEO. This individual will drive the establishment and evolution of the Aspen and ADMI brand architecture and be the guardian of the brand at every customer touchpoint. This leader is action oriented and can think strategically but also has a passion for tactical and detailed marketing execution. This leader will work collaboratively with the broader marketing organization for driving brand affinity that leads to efficient customer acquisition and loyalty. Ultimately, this leader’s charter is to make Aspen the most loved brand in healthcare for both patients and providers.
- Leads the development and refinement of the brand architecture at the individual brand and enterprise level, including an overall brand portfolio strategy
- Teams with creative on how to bring the life at all our customer touchpoints including all physical locations and the digital footprint.
- Drives cross-functional collaboration within the business, for example, with departments such as CRM, public relations and so forth to ensure brand consistency.
- Partners with consumer marketing on consumer-facing communication approaches for the brand and serves as a primary marketing point of contact with the external business partners, enabling strong, collaborative working relationships when it comes to the brand.
- Oversees the brand planning process and consumer insights inclusive of the definition of target consumers, and works with Consumer Marketing on the development of marketing mix and strategies as it pertains to brand advertising
- Develops weekly/monthly/annual brand marketing strategies and monitors the performance of those strategies to make necessary updates and improvements.
- Teams with the Creative Director to create messaging strategies for key segments and provides key stakeholders with necessary brand and communications assets.
- Manages and maintains program specific research efforts inclusive of consumer insights, consumer segmentation, competitive intelligence, industry trends, and developments.
- Manages the forecast and revenue delivery for the business’s product through monitoring performance and availing transparent weekly/monthly/annual reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and relevant stakeholders on the performance of brand marketing program initiatives, their progress, and results. This is for the purpose of the formulation of new brand strategies, improvement of existent brand strategies, and the capitalization of the brand on any emergent opportunities.
- Works closely with the HR department in the development of a strong employment brand strategy that ensure Aspen attracts the best talent in the marketplace
- Responsible for developing new creative, innovate, and out-of-the-box approaches in applying the brand strategy message
- Becoming an expert in brand marketing on behalf of the business, constantly honing their skills and developing a deep understanding of consumer mindsets and barriers to brand marketing and subsequently offering the department creative and sustainable solutions.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in marketing preferred, or any other related field.
- At least 10 years of working experience developing creative and innovative brand strategies in an omni-channel environment and facilitating effective brand marketing programs and messages.
- Having worked in the position leading Brand Strategy/Marketing on the client side is a plus, having combined with time in an agency is ideal
- A track record of developing and evangelizing compelling brand architectures that won in the marketplace and built significant equity with customers
- Significant experience managing creative and brand agencies to develop brand strategies and architectures
- Experience teaming with Creative Directors in bringing brands to life
- Superior communication skills and must be display comfort interacting with senior executives and external business partners.
- Demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills, have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion to the brand as her/his own, have exceptional organizational skills, be detail orientated, be a strategic and creative thinker with a keen eye for detail, display comfort working in cross functional settings both as a leader and a player, have an ability to think outside of the box and find creative and unorthodox program solutions that give the brand its edge.
- Possess exceptional leadership skills, being able to move and inspire a cross-functional group, leading it into a unified direction and with a common vision.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States