Category Product Manager
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is one of the largest and most trusted retail healthcare business support organizations in the U.S., supporting 15,000 healthcare professionals and team members at more than 1,000 health and wellness offices across 46 states in three distinct categories: Dental care, urgent care, and medical aesthetics. Working in partnership with independent practice owners and clinicians, the team is united by a single purpose: to prove that healthcare can be better and smarter for everyone. ADMI provides a comprehensive suite of centralized business support services that power the impact of four consumer-facing businesses: Aspen Dental, ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers, WellNow Urgent Care and Chapter Aesthetic Studio. Each brand has access to a deep community of experts, tools and resources to grow their practices, and an unwavering commitment to delivering high-quality consumer healthcare experiences at scale.
As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join Aspen as the Category Product Manager for our new clear aligners brand, Motto. This is a critical role in the organization providing direction and expertise to drive new product development in one of Aspen’s top strategic initiatives. The Motto Product Manager will partner with the business owner, category marketing manager, and other stakeholders. They will own the product roadmap to deliver the world's best Clear Aligner experience. They will also guide the day-to-day execution of product development activities by delivering the product roadmap and prioritized backlog.
- Above all else, owns product strategy, development, launch and results. Understands Aspen's strategic priorities and aligns product opportunities.
- Possesses deep knowledge of the customer. Knows our customer issues, pains, desires, how they think, and how they decide to purchase.
- Possesses deep knowledge of the data. Seeks and understands qualitative data to know why customers do what they do; and quantitative data to know what customers currently do.
- Possesses deep knowledge of the market and industry. Knows top competitors, key technology trends, follows relevant analysts and social media, and builds differentiated experiences that convince patients to choose Aspen.
- Builds strong relationships with Aspen stakeholders. Understands stakeholder constraints and delivers products within them.
- Owns the Category Product Roadmap. Defines the 2-3 year prioritized roadmap that clearly answers the questions: will consumers buy this, can users figure out how to use this, can our engineers build this, and can our stakeholders support this?
- Drives Product Discovery. Conducts consumer interviews, tests new ideas quickly and often via rapid prototypes, separates the good ideas from the bad, validates and identifies our best opportunities.
- Owns Product Definition. Delivers a well-defined product that clearly states requirements by defining the Jobs-to-be-Done, the intended solution, and clear acceptance criteria.
- Drives Product Delivery. Delivers successful products into the market by defining the key product features that will most impact customer happiness, evangelizing the product story, championing product launch, and continuously validating product through user testing.
Minimum Education and Experience
- 7 years product management experience in consumer goods, personal appliances, medical devices, or consumer-facing tech industry.
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, design, or computer science.
- Ownership: Self-directed leader who has shown they can make decisions and prioritize work.
- Smart: Demonstrates raw IQ, intellectual curiosity, and quick learning.
- Creative: Thinks outside the normal product box to solve problems.
- Persistent: Pushes teams with compelling evidence and constant communication.
- Passionate: Inspired by Aspen's mission and loves building products and solving patient problems.
- Collaborative: Demonstrated success building bridges and leading cross-functional teams.
- Bias to Action: Entrepreneurial with experience at a startup or highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated success in Agile product leadership and execution.
- Experience designing, implementing, and iterating on consumer experiences.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States