Category Product Manager
For 22 years, Aspen Dental Management, Inc (ADMI) has been innovating and iterating on the dental support organization model. We’re an entrepreneurial-minded group that relentlessly pursues new ways to break down barriers in support of the dentists and 10,000 team members who care for the 1.8 million patients that come through the doors of Aspen Dental practices every year. We believe the culture and partnership cultivated amongst the practice owners, practice teams and ADMI support team powers our success and makes it virtually impossible to imitate what we do.
As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join ADMI as the Category Product Manager. This is a critical role in the organization providing direction and expertise to drive new product development across Aspen categories, current and future. The Category Product Manager will partner with Category Managers and own the product roadmap to deliver the world's best dental patient experience for their assigned categories. The Category Product Manager will also guide the day-to-day execution of product development activities by delivering the product roadmap and prioritized backlog.
- Above all else, owns product results. Understands Aspen's strategic priorities and aligns product opportunities.
- Possesses deep knowledge of the customer. Knows our customer issues, pains, desires, how they think, and how they decide to purchase.
- Possesses deep knowledge of the data. Seeks and understands qualitative data to know why customers do what they do; and quantitative data to know what customers currently do.
- Possesses deep knowledge of the market and industry. Knows top competitors, key technology trends, follows relevant analysts and social media, and builds differentiated experiences that convince patients to choose Aspen.
- Builds strong relationships with Aspen stakeholders. Understands stakeholder constraints and delivers products within them.
- Owns the Category Product Roadmap. Defines the 2-3 year prioritized roadmap that clearly answers the questions: will consumers buy this, can users figure out how to use this, can our engineers build this, and can our stakeholders support this?
- Drives Product Discovery. Conducts consumer interviews, tests new ideas quickly and often via rapid prototypes, separates the good ideas from the bad, validates and identifies our best opportunities.
- Owns Product Definition. Delivers a well-defined product that clearly states requirements by defining the Jobs-to-be-Done, the intended solution, and clear acceptance criteria.
- Drives Product Delivery. Delivers successful products into the market by defining the key product features that will most impact customer happiness, evangelizing the product story, championing product launch, and continuously validating product through user testing.
Minimum Education and Experience
- 7 years product management experience in the consumer-facing tech industry.
- Undergraduate degree in design, computer science, or marketing.
- Ownership: Self-directed leader who has shown they can make decisions and prioritize work.
- Smart: Demonstrates raw IQ, intellectual curiosity, and quick learning.
- Creative: Thinks outside the normal product box to solve problems.
- Persistent: Pushes teams with compelling evidence and constant communication.
- Passionate: Inspired by Aspen's mission and loves building products and solving patient problems.
- Collaborative: Demonstrated success building bridges and leading cross-functional teams.
- Bias to Action: Entrepreneurial with experience at a startup or highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated success in Agile product leadership and execution.
- Experience designing, implementing, and iterating on consumer experiences.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States