Vice President, Compliance and Risk Management
Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives. As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are very pleased to offer an opportunity to join our dedicated Legal team as a Vice President of Compliance and Risk Management.
In this position, the Vice President of Compliance and Risk Management shall conduct a periodic assessment of regulatory, legal, healthcare and other risks associated with the Company’s business as a supplier of non-clinical business support services to independently owned Aspen Dental branded dental practices. He/she shall be responsible for the administration and evolution of a comprehensive compliance program aimed at addressing identified risks and ensuring ongoing compliance with all regulatory, legal, ethical and other obligations, including enterprise-wide compliance and risk management issues. Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, the Vice President of Compliance and Risk Management shall be responsible for the day-to-day management and supervision of the Company’s Compliance and Risk Management department.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Assess the current state, evaluate and update as needed a comprehensive compliance plan
- Administer the compliance plan and evolve the compliance function to meet ongoing needs and priorities
- Manage a highly effective compliance and risk management organization, and serve as a credible business partner and member of the management team
- Respond effectively to any issues or changes as they arise
- Help the Company function in a legal, ethical and compliant fashion
- Address enterprise-wide compliance and risk issues
- Stay abreast of all legal, healthcare, legislative and regulatory developments relevant to the Company’s business and the clinical practices it supports.
- Apprise senior management in a timely manner of issues as they arise and keep management informed of the status of material pending matters.
- Implement appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all regulatory, legal and other obligations.
- Build and maintain a strong rapport with the Company’s leadership team and colleagues across the organization.
- Develop and lead a high performing team of compliance and risk professionals.
- Day to day management of Risk Management functions, including among other things:
- Maintenance of insurance coverages and management of insurance broker relationships.
- Workers’ Compensation Matters.
- Administration of new hire training for HIPAA, Health and Safety, Chemical Hygiene, and similar programs.
- Assistance to practices in connection with regulatory inspections and requests for information from government agencies.
- Apply for and Renew required Permits.
- Professional Liability Claims support.
- CLE Courses.
- SOP Creation.
- Practice Support Center Safety Matters.
- Management of multiple vendor relationships.
- Effective communications to dental practice and Practice Support Center employees aimed at minimizing workers’ compensation and professional liability claims
- Such other duties and responsibilities and the evolving needs of the Company shall require
Minimum Education and Experience
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
- Significant, senior-level’ experience in Risk Management and Corporate Compliance, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Knowledge of insurance products, healthcare law and clinical practice
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage people
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional judgment, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide sound, proactive fact-based advice
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate well with others
- Ability to drive results and balance management of risk with business goals
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented business environment
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States