As the nation’s premier dental services organization, Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (“ADMI”) provides expert business and administrative support to the fastest growing, branded network of dental practices in the country. We take the load off of practitioners to free them up to do what they do best: practice dentistry. As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are very pleased to offer a new opportunity to join our Legal team as Corporate Counsel at ADMI’s offices in East Syracuse, New York.
The successful candidate will be a close collaborator with the Company’s legal team and leadership. He/she will provide legal counsel and support for the Company’s Practice Ownership Group and one or more other functional areas, depending upon the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
- Manage and support legal activities associated with the negotiation and documentation of transactions between the Company and dentists that own and operate Aspen Dental practices.
- Oversee the negotiation and drafting of contracts that will meet the Company’s business needs and ensure compliance with regulations and legal requirements relating to Company’s role as a provider of non-clinical business support services to dental practices.
- Act as an advisor to management on legal and governance matters.
- Work closely with key business leaders; as advisor and collaborator, to protect the legal interests of the Company while helping to drive initiatives and business progress within the organization.
- Communicate and inform the organization across functions as to legal and regulatory requirements as they relate to the full range of business decision-making as well as day to day operations and common business fundamentals.
- Keep abreast of relevant legal, healthcare, legislative and regulatory developments, apprise senior management and supported departments in a timely manner; assist in the development and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Build and maintain a strong rapport with business leads, leadership team and colleagues within the teams he/she supports.
Minimum Education and Experience
The successful candidate will hold a law degree from an accredited and well recognized law school and an undergraduate degree from a college or university of recognized standing. He/she will be licensed in good standing to practice law in one or more jurisdictions within the United States and, if not licensed to practice law in New York, shall be qualified to serve as in house counsel pursuant to the rules of the New York State Unified Court System.
Professional Qualifications - Experience
- Successful track record of four to six years of experience ideally gained through a combination of private practice and in-house corporate legal department. Previous experience in a retail or healthcare company would be advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of a variety of business legal issues including contracts, real estate, M&A, finance and compliance and risk mitigation strategies.
- Demonstrated experience working with management as a business partner and legal counsel, ability to think like an operator and integrate legal and business solutions.
- Ability to quickly, confidently, and comprehensively assess a situation, diffuse distraction, and generate new insights, practical solutions and drive an action plan.
- An ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner and convey complex and high risk matters in a manner useful and productive to management decision-making.
- Ability to present with confidence to a broad constituency.
- Understanding of the healthcare and regulatory landscape as it relates to the company's business model is desired.
- Approachable and accessible
- Collaborative, adaptive and resourceful
- An ability to work across organizational lines
- Commercially-minded underscored by keen attention to risk and ethics
- Flexible with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic and ambitious
- Responsive and practical
- Flexible and proactive – able to prioritize multiple projects and matters
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the overall success of the company
- An engaged team member
- Curious with a strong intellect, ability to think creatively and make balanced, well reasoned decisions
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - 281 Sanders Creek Parkway East Syracuse, New York 13057 United States