Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is the nation’s premier dental services organization. We provide expert business and administrative support to the fastest growing, branded network of dental practices in the country. We recognize that our success is a direct result of empowering and supporting ambitious dental professionals; together we build and develop successful, patient focused dental practices. Our continued growth has created an opportunity to add a Product UX Designer to our Information Technology team.
We are seeking an experienced technology product designer who will play a critical role in discovering and delivering new capabilities as well as improving existing customer experiences through enhancements and new product development. This role will report to Manager of Product Management and will collaborate across multiple groups/functions in the organization.
The Product Designer is adept at high-level product thinking, defining problems, and designing well-thought out solutions. Owns and drives high-profile projects to completion with little oversight, collaborating with project partners across the company to deliver innovative web and native app experiences. Effectively articulates even the most abstract ideas, and strives to keep the lines of communication open at every point throughout the process. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a strong advocate for the design process, and has a good handle on working with agile development methods.
What will you do?
Product Experience Design
- Participate on a cross-functional team(s) to help define experience solutions; collaborating with product managers, creative and copy, engineering, QA, analytics and partner team members.
- Conceptualize and define experiences through sketching, storyboarding, prototyping, information modeling and other methods.
- Develop lo-fi and high fidelity prototypes for customer and business evaluation.
- Create design deliverables to effectively communicate detailed experience requirements and interaction behaviors for customer and associate experiences, across all devices.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and documentation.
- Mentor other designers.
- Effectively communicate design solutions to cross-functional senior leadership.
- Remain up to date on current and emerging user experience design trends.
- Work with Business Intelligence teams to develop and update user journey/experience maps, personas, and empathy maps that can be used to drive UX and product enhancements.
- Ensure the customer is at the center of all experience and design.
- Participate in, and potentially lead workshop sessions.
- Conduct user research (site visits, concept reviews, observations, etc.) throughout the solution design/definition and development life-cycles
- Review/QA work prior to deployment to ensure original designs were implemented correctly, that it still meets the required objectives and meets the high standards.
- Turn broad, conceptual ideas into world-class experiences.
- Own the full design process, from early product discovery and ideation to final pixel-tweaking with engineers.
- Design flows that are intuitive, elegant and provide value for our team members while accounting for a variety of scenarios.
- Gracefully articulate and defend design decisions to peers and leaders.
Product Experience Research
- Plan and execute user research activities.
- Leverage research information to refine designs.
Product Experience Methodologies
- Contribute to Aspen Dental's overall product experience practice maturity. This includes creating processes and developing tools and templates that can be applied to Aspen Dental eco system.
- Support the creation, governance, and maintenance of interaction, usability, and accessibility standards and pattern library components.
- Utilize and contribute to a design pattern library.
Minimum Education and Experience
You are the right candidate if you have:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human-Centered Design (HCD), Interaction Design, Visual Communication, Graphic Design or any other design-related field.
- 3+ years of solid experience in Software Product UX/UI Design, Interaction Design or Information Architecture including an ability to define and drive the process.
- Hands-on experience in user research, sketching solutions and wire framing.
- Ability to operate effectively in areas of uncertainty, ambiguity with minimal oversight.
- Understanding of agile methodology and Lean UX principles.
- Excellent attention to detail, while also considering the big picture.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, After Effects), Zeplin, and knowledge of prototyping tools (Principle, Proto.io, Axure, InVision) or equivalent tools.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - 6600 Weighlock Dr East Syracuse, New York 13057 United States