Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives.
As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are very pleased to offer an opportunity to join our team as a Senior Product Manager for our IT Digital and Marketing team.
We are seeking an experienced product professional (no direct report) that will serve as a senior product manager for our IT Digital and Marketing domain in an exciting multi-faceted space with multiple touchpoints across Marketing, CRM, Web and Mobile applications. This role will report to Senior Manager – Digital Technologies and will collaborate cross-functionally in a complex multi-layered organization. As a product leader you will play a critical role in discovering and delivering new capabilities as well as improving existing customer experiences through enhancements and new product development. You must be passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems. You should have a strong track record of leading and developing products and teams, adapting to a fluid context and using data to drive decision-making.
• Discover known and unmet customer needs and possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs; gathering input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts (analyzing competitors and market conditions to evaluate and articulate application of design and technology to the unmet customer need).
• Develop business case(s), including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations.
• Communicate and collaborate with business and clinical stakeholders to inform, adjust and shape prioritization of capabilities that improve the user experience; balancing priorities across Digital and Marketing product to identify/recommend/prioritize key opportunities and trade-offs.
• Champion the needs of our business and clinical stakeholders throughout the development process; ensuring that what is delivered achieves the business value and ROI objectives of the project.
• Create short and long term roadmap for products and manage product backlog; manage a prioritized view for communities of product stakeholders
• Acquire and hone subject matter expertise relevant to drive success of team
• Write user stories as part of an Agile project framework that
• Manage expectations (negotiating appropriately - right people and right time, where necessary) to ensure a common understanding of where, when, and how the optimal prioritization of user stories.
• Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adapt business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality; proactively identify problems that arise in the project, outline options, recommend solutions, and escalate as needed.
• Lead & participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities to ensure communication of product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features.
• Able to lead multiple Digital and Marketing product efforts simultaneously at various stages of their development and maturity.
• Exercise sound judgment and decision making to maintain high levels of visibility and transparency to leadership, to solicit guidance or assistance to address blockers and issues.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS degree
• 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: product management; agile project/program management; agile and/or lean software development, or another product ownership role.
• Demonstrated success as a product owner in SCRUM software development, including effective management of a product roadmap to agile product backlog
• Ability to execute simple queries through SQL and understand database methodologies.
• Solid grasp of agile, iterative and waterfall Software Development Life Cycle.
• Ability to handle shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Familiarity with digital, physical and mobile customer journeys.
• Familiarity and comfort navigating large corporate organizations.
• Strong leadership profile, demonstrated prioritization and negotiation skills.
• Able to operate effectively in areas of uncertainty, ambiguity and conflict to focus and deliver against business goals.
• Track record of taking ownership and driving results at various levels of professional experience.
• Knowledge of Confluence, Jira, TFS and PPM tools
• Familiarity with Digital Technologies, CRM, Sitecore and Mobile application development
• Additional Skills & Experience (a plus):
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.