Senior IT Director, Artificial Intelligence & Innovation
Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives.
We are looking for a proven portfolio strategy leader who has experience working across multiple industries and complex IT environments, strong customer centric mindset with a solid background in AI, RPA, innovation, creating solutions, driving growth and partnership.
Reporting to the Vice President of IT, AI/ BI/Data & Innovation the Artificial Intelligence leader will:
- Lead/manage the Artificial Intelligence & innovation portfolio strategy and pipeline. Understand the customer and business needs in order to recommend solutions where a data/machine learning approach may be optimal
- Create a collaborative and effective working relationship with business functional leaders to understand business challenges and prioritize AI/RPA solutions that will enable the success of these functions
- Consistently scan the market/competitors, Engage and meet with external vendor partners to bring new ideas and AI & RPA technologies. Establish an AI governance process and execution.
- Partner with vendors, customize and integrate vendor AI/RPA solutions. Design and build machine learning systems that solve difficult problems involving right data/information retrieval/recommendation systems
- Partner to develop process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis, Identify and recommend required data sets
- Represent the company as a technical expert on artificial intelligence and Demonstrate thought leadership as it relates to data science
- Provide exceptional leadership skills to thrive, lead and influence in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Frame choices in a way that is forward looking to integrate and assimilate complex information and situations and drive decision making
- Demonstrate ability to track multiple programs concurrently and to report progress in an executive level dashboard to senior management
- Collaborate and partner with VP’s, Senior Directors, Directors and Mangers of Aspen IT team along with Project Management Office and use appropriate methodologies, tools and best practices
Minimum Education and Experience
- Master's degree preferred. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics/ Business Intelligence or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in technology such as Software technical architecture, application development, information analysis, data analysis, business analysis within a multi-tier organization.
- Deep working experience applying statistics and machine learning techniques to real-world healthcare data
- High-level understanding of
- Modelling language such as MATLAB, R, Stata, etc.
- Natural language processing and experience with data curatation platforms
- Software programming language such as C#, .Net, Python, C++, Java, etc.
- Map/Reduce tools (e. g. Hadoop, Pig, Hive)
- TensorFlow or other Deep Learning frameworks
- Data visualization tools
- Successful track record of leading 3rd party vendors partners.
- Excellent financial planning and budgeting experience.
- Engage and develop relationship with leaders, cross-functional leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to build and lead cross-functional teams. Experience interacting with IT to successfully launch initiatives preferred.
- Experience leading during organizational change management preferred.
- Excellent people skills, “can-do” attitude, ability to work with many different types of people with different communication styles. Director must assume responsibility for achieving positive outcomes on projects.
- Experience and/or knowledge in the Healthcare industry
- Previous experience with IT executive management is a great plus.
- Comfortable operating in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to think creatively to come up with new solutions.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills Ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements, including the ability to multi-task and juggle many competing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent teamwork skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts to a senior audience.
- Demonstrated aptitude for collaborating with other functional areas at all levels of the organization
- Must be results-oriented and have a proven ability to get things done through people, including those not under direct management.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - 6600 Weighlock Dr East Syracuse, New York 13057 United States