Senior Data Engineer, Analytics
Aspen Dental Management Inc. (ADMI) has reached the size to invest in building a technology platform that will transform and modernize the dental industry. ADMI has two ongoing digital transformations with platform modernization with a cloud-native migration that will empower an exciting digitalization of the dental industry with advances in 3D printing, scanning, AI, and much more.
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer who will partner with business, analytics, and engineering teams to design and build data structures to facilitate reporting, models, and monitoring key performance metrics. Collaborating across disciplines, you will identify internal/external data sources to design data assets, define a data pipeline strategy & automated testing and implement scalable data solutions. We expect you to be aware of best practices to help mentor your team in this environment.
Now is a great time to join us to design and build the future of the ADMI Data Platform. Be a part of a new team building cloud-native solutions with open-source tools and technologies. You will partner with the business to build self-service data assets and modern data science/ analytics solutions. Work with big data and modernize our technology standards to benefit millions of our patients and thousands of employees.
We are building out an exciting new office in downtown Chicago coming online in the Fulton Market area. Flexible working is supported.
- Partner cross-functionallyto understand data, reporting, and data asset requirements
- Work with engineering teams to collect required data from internal and external systems
- Design ETL strategy to build performant data solutions that are reliable and scalable in a fast-growing cloud-native data ecosystem
- Rebuilding and automatinglegacy reporting pipelines to a new platform
- Contribute toward evolving company’s analytical self-service/ ad hoc reporting/Data Analytics/Analytical Modeling/Data Visualization process and/or product
- Contribute to evolving Data platform engineering process utilizing open-source technologies like Apache Spark, Kafka
- Develop and conduct automated testing
- Develop and maintain ETL routines using orchestration tools such as Airflow, Prefect, Kubeflow
- Document and publish Metadata and table designs to facilitate data adoption.
- Perform pipeline tuning as necessary
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+years of IT/ Analytics/ Data Science experience
- Experience withSQL
- Hands-on experiencewith Python and/or other programming languages
- Experienced with best practices in automated testing for automated pipelines
- Experienced with building out and maintaining metrics, alarms, and monitoring of service
- Strong background in Health Care Data andrelated engineering experiences
- Strong desire to work with analytics data and partners
- Experience in MS SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) would be a plus
- Experience in GCP, AWS, Azurewould be a plus
- AWS, GCP certifications (Solution Architect, Engineering, Big Data Specialty,etc.) would be a plus
- Experience/Exposure in Data Science and/or Analytics in cloud would be a plus
- Experience in Machine Learning/Deep Learning use cases and development would be a plus
- Experience inData Cleansing/Transformation would be a plus
- Experience in Container, Kubernetes,and related technology ecosystems would be a plus
- Experience in Data Modeling would be a plus
- Experience in Event-Driven Architecture, Streaming processing would be plus
- Experience in sourcing and processing structured, semi-structured,and unstructured data would be a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States