Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is the nation’s premier dental services organization. We provide expert business and administrative support to the fastest growing, branded network of dental practices in the country. We recognize that your success is a direct result of empowering and supporting ambitious dental professionals; together we build and develop successful, patient focused dental practices. Our continued growth has created an opportunity to join our Information Technology team as a Performance Engineer. Working under immediate supervision of the IT Director of Quality Engineering and Release Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all facets of the release lifecycle. This role has the potential to evolve into a management position as the team expands.
- Plan and manage all performance testing activities.
- Review all application code and configurations to ensure optimal performance
- Enforce production deployment processes and guidelines as it relates to performance testing
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Conduct performance testing reviews
- Communicate test results to various Business Units, Project Management, and IT staff
- Create Team Foundation Server (TFS) defects discovered during the Performance test activities
- Create automated performance tests upon code deploys (CI)
- Troubleshoot and identify performance bottlenecks.
- Research and recommend “Best in Class” performance test tools
- Manage external vendors and consultants
- Other responsibilities as directed by IT Management
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of professional performance engineering experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Angular and .Net preferred
- Expert experience in Performance testing of UI, API and Databases is a must.
- Expert knowledge of Automated Performance Test and Test Management Tools
- Experience with bug reporting and tracking software
- Ability to conduct system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability.
- Experience with Test Planning, Test Estimation, Test Strategy, Work Load Design, Test Cases Design, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup, Defect Management & Configuration Management.
- Ability to execute Benchmark, load, stress, endurance and other non-functional tests.
- Monitor application logs to determine system behavior. Address all technical issues; facilitate the resolution and necessary follow up with Development and other cross-functional departments.
- Analyze the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, Network usage, DB Parameters and DB Reports to verify the performance of the applications.
- Generate performance graphs, session reports and other related documentation required for validation and analysis.
- Publish results and receive appropriate signoff. Prepare detail status reports, and monitoring of all defects and issues.
- Identifying memory leakage, connection issues & Bottleneck problem in the application.
- Experience with Continuous Integration with Performance Testing
- Familiar with application development best practices
- Management or supervisory background preferred
- Experience working collaboratively with on-shore and off-shore development teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills required
- Dedicated problem solver the ability to coordinate between cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work under pressure to solve critical issues
- Strong oral and written communicator, good interpersonal skills, and ability to form effective relationships with all levels of stakeholders
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, applying sound judgment and critical thinking to complete tasks and resolve issues
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States