Patient Financing Product Manager, IT
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is the nation’s premier dental services organization. We provide expert business and administrative support to the fastest growing, branded network of dental practices in the country. We recognize that our success is a direct result of empowering and supporting ambitious dental professionals; together we build and develop successful, patient focused dental practices. Our continued growth has created an opportunity to join our Information Technology team as an IT Product Manager.
We are seeking an experienced product professional (no direct report) that will serve as a product manager for our Patient Financing Product(s) in an exciting multi-faceted space with multiple touchpoints across digital and omni-channel. This role will report to Manager of Product Management & Business Engagement and will collaborate cross-functionally in a complex multi-layered organization.
As a product leader you will play a critical role in discovering and delivering new capabilities as well as improving existing customer experiences through enhancements and new product development. You must be passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems. You should have a strong track record of leading and developing products and teams, adapting to a fluid context and using data to drive decision-making.
It is important that you understand how product enhancements change customer behavior and the trends that are emerging in the market. You will be accountable for socializing the product vision at all levels of the organization, assessing opportunities, and collaborating with development teams. You will partner closely with business partners and stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully leveraged by the business.
- Partner with Aspen Dental’s Patient Financing department to implement initiatives that support the organizations continued growth with the goal to improve access to care and the overall user / patient experience.
- Discover known and unmet customer needs and possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs; gathering input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts (analyzing competitors and market conditions to evaluate and articulate application of design and technology to the unmet customer need).
- Develop business case(s), including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations.
- Communicate and collaborate with business stakeholders to inform, adjust and shape prioritization of capabilities that improve the user experience; balancing priorities across the Patient Financing product to identify/recommend/prioritize key opportunities and trade-offs.
- Champion the needs of our business stakeholders throughout the development process; ensuring that what is delivered achieves the business value and ROI objectives of the project.
- Create short and long term roadmap for products and manage product backlog; manage a prioritized view for communities of product stakeholders
- Acquire and hone subject matter expertise relevant to drive success of team
- Write user stories as part of an Agile project framework that:
- Directly support primary objectives of the project.
- Are appropriate in size for iterative, incremental development.
- Include clear and specific acceptance criteria.
- Take into account dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives.
- Manage expectations (negotiating appropriately - right people and right time, where necessary) to ensure a common understanding of where, when, and how the optimal prioritization of user stories.
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adapt business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality; proactively identify problems that arise in the project, outline options, recommend solutions, and escalate as needed.
- Lead & participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities to ensure communication of product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features.
- Able to lead multiple product efforts simultaneously at various stages of their development and maturity.
- Exercise sound judgment and decision making to maintain high levels of visibility and transparency to leadership, to solicit guidance or assistance to address blockers and issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: product management; agile project/program management; agile and/or lean software development, or another product ownership role.
- Understanding of Finance and Lending Products
- Knowledge or experience working with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc..)
- Ability to execute simple queries through SQL and understand database methodologies.
- Solid grasp of agile, iterative and waterfall Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to handle shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Familiarity with digital, physical and mobile customer journeys.
- Familiarity and comfort navigating large corporate organizations.
- Strong leadership profile, demonstrated prioritization and negotiation skills.
- Able to operate effectively in areas of uncertainty, ambiguity and conflict to focus and deliver against business goals.
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results at various levels of professional experience.
- Additional Skills & Experience (a plus):
- Usability, UX and design experience.
- Resource management and supervision of junior members of staff.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - 6600 Weighlock Dr East Syracuse, New York 13057 United States