Aspen Dental Management, Inc. is seeking an experienced and passionate individual with hands on experience as a Software Engineering Architect, including but not limited to; application stability, application scalability, application performance and graphical user interface format and usability, backend database structure and designs. This position requires the ability to develop an automation framework and test strategy while helping to enhance Aspen’s automation quality engineering standards overall.
- Lead responsibility for 2-5 QE resources
- End to End individual platform responsibility for Quality of code changes, technical design, business value and regression
- Ability to work with key business stakeholders and articulate risks, defects, issues etc.
- Experienced in developing automated test frameworks for web/desktop/mobile applications (CI/CD pipelines)
- Automation experience with the front end and backend (UI/API)
- Instilling an automation first mindset within the organization
- Offshore will be heavily leveraged and will require constant touchpoints with team members to assess project health, transition knowledge etc.
- Utilize modernized methodologies (Agile, Scrum, TDD) to deliver software with high business value and quality, while ensuring low production leakage
- Implement institutionalized standards of quality engineering into the team
- Expand Test Automation to improve quality, reduce cycle times and optimize risk
- Will have functional management responsibility for all QE resources
- Work with QE resources to provide innovative solutions and improve Quality throughout the organization
- Communicate the pulse of the project at the executive level with key business stakeholders, IT leaders, and business partners.
- Define, develop and execute automation test scripts for functional, regression, smoke and load testing using Selenium (Java based) independently, then analyze and report results
- Participate in test strategy definition and recommend implementation of improvements in testing methodology
- Mentor and coach QE team members with new tools and technologies
- Collaborate with the engineering and product management teams to deliver high quality software via iterative and periodic sprint releases.
- Coordinate with internal Product Development and vendor partner resources in a global delivery model
Minimum Education and Experience
- 4+ years of experience in defining, designing and developing solutions using open source tools for test automation
- 4+ years of experience writing Selenium (Java) scripts
- Experience with JMeter, Cucumber, Appium, TestNG, and other automation frameworks
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server with ability to write complex queries
- Experience with Continuous Integrations tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab CI etc.
- Working knowledge of Load and Performance Testing
- Experienced with Git and GitHub
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and provide solutions
- Solid understanding of the software process including analysis, design, coding, system integration, and user acceptance testing, problem resolution and planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Experience with Azure DevOps Services
- Understanding and use of Apache JMeter performance tools
- Mobile application testing experience
- Scrum/Agile experience
- Background in Healthcare field desired
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - 6600 Weighlock Dr East Syracuse, New York 13057 United States