For 22 years, Aspen Dental Management, Inc (ADMI) has been innovating and iterating on the dental support organization model. We’re an entrepreneurial-minded group that relentlessly pursues new ways to break down barriers in support of the dentists and 10,000 team members who care for the 1.8 million patients that come through the doors of Aspen Dental practices every year. We believe the culture and partnership cultivated amongst the practice owners, practice teams and ADMI support team powers our success and makes it virtually impossible to imitate what we do. Our continued growth has created an opportunity to join our Information Technology team as a Telecom Engineer III.
Provide technical expertise in telecommunications, call center functions and overall end user support for all telecommunications systems. Experience with Avaya Aura Contact Center systems is a must have.
Key Job Functions:
• Expert level knowledge of telecommunication systems and protocols including H323 and SIP.
• Designs, plans, implements and maintains corporate telecommunications systems.
• Manages small to medium sized projects according to documented budget and schedule.
• Serve as lead technical staff in course of telecommunications projects and activities.
• Assists with technology planning through ongoing research.
• Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operations and systems stability. Raise performance exceptions or concerns to management.
• Document telecommunications problems and resolutions.
• Create, update and maintain all telecommunications documentation including company disaster recovery procedures, hardware and software configuration for all telecommunications infrastructure.
• Works with internal and external customers to gather requirements in order to meet corporate telecommunications needs.
• Works assigned action items which include monitoring, reporting progress, and end user support for telecom issues to meet Service Level Agreements.
• Ensures Change Management procedures are followed and leads the development and maintenance of user documentation and guidelines.
• Ensures system stability and overall health of the corporate telecommunications systems.
• Configure and maintain corporate telecommunications monitoring systems.
• Participate with a team of technical staff and managers or business unit to determine technical systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex telecommunications projects.
• A minimum of five to seven years designing and administering enterprise telecommunications systems.
• Demonstrates an expert knowledge of telecommunications infrastructure including Avaya systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
• An active Avaya certification is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or a related area is preferred.