IT Manager, Network and Telecom
Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives.
As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are pleased to offer a new opportunity to join our dedicated IT Team as an IT Manager for the Network and Telecom team.
- Day to day oversight and management of the Network Engineers and Telecom Analysts supporting the company’s Network and Telephony systems.
- Provide direction and leadership for the design, support and implementation of the corporate network (LAN/WAN) and Telephony systems.
- Ensures the necessary resources to accomplish customer service, installation, and network maintenance objectives and goals. Remains current on all technological and related advances.
- Identifies and drives operational improvements to create efficiencies with regards to cost and performance.
- Manage capital and operating expense operating budgets while maintaining good judgment in IT assets handling. Ensure monthly telecom expenses are audited and approved through the use of a Telecom Expense Management system.
- Manages invoice processing, reporting, allocations and escalations.
- Develops team through motivation, goal setting, and guidance. Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Evaluate data/telecom vendors and service providers. Ensure current vendors/partners are supporting the business adequately and meeting SLA’s and OLA’s for existing offices and the opening of new offices.
- Monitor, record, analyze, and report activity trends and results. Report on trending analysis and metrics relevant to the successful functioning of network and telephony systems based on business strategy and growth projections.
- Work with the Sr. IT Manager of Networking and Telecom to develop strategic plans for the corporate network and telephony networks. Set priorities and allocate resources to meet business objectives.
- Use effective judgment and professional initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to customer and end user support issues, queries, challenges and escalations.
- Recommend and implement network and telecom architecture improvements and upgrades.
- Develop and enforce IT standards to ensure consistency and Regulatory and Information Technology security compliance
- Maintain frequent and effective communications plans with our business partners and practice owners to ensure consistent messages and service levels are delivered.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Requires at least seven (7) years of related experience in the networking and telecommunication field, and at least five (5) years of management responsibility.
- Comprehensive experience with Networking routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
- Comprehensive experience with wireless network technology.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, motivate and direct technical personnel.
- Exhibit leadership skills required to manage resources as well as project deliverables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to adapt to new and/or changing situations.
- Background in Clinical, Healthcare and retail fields are a plus.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - 6600 Weighlock Dr East Syracuse, New York 13057 United States