IT Director, Quality Engineering & Release Management
Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives. As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are very pleased to offer an opportunity to join our Marketing team as Director of Quality Engineering and Release Management.
The Director of Quality Engineering and Release Management will lead the Quality Assurance organization within IT group. This position will lead Automation and Manual QA testing group responsible for testing website, mobile and web/desktop applications. This leader will work with product/engineering/QA team members on Iterative/Agile/Waterfall development teams in multiple geographies and align QA practices across systems and teams. The Director will work with Engineering, Product and Business leadership to ensure quality standards of software that is delivered to end users. We are looking for a leader who has successfully built and led geographically distributed (internal and external vendor partner resources) software quality engineering/assurance teams. We are also looking for a player/coach who is willing to roll their sleeves up, and dive into coaching and mentoring a team of passionate manual and automation testers.
- Define and execute a comprehensive quality strategy by establishing, implementing, monitoring and enforcing quality engineering/assurance procedures, policies and standards
- Interface closely with product development/engineering, PMO and operational groups in support of software releases and managing quality engineering/assurance tools
- Coordinate and drive execution of quality assurance testing including but not limited to creating test plans, test scripts, tracking bugs, reporting defects, QA effectiveness etc.
- Oversee software releases (including deployment) and ensure procedures are documented and followed
- Ensure the appropriate test environments are in place, they are managed and controlled
- Manage defect log and ensure issues are resolved, including validation of the fix
- Develop QA KPI/metrics, compare against industry standards and report KPI/metrics
- Increase test coverage across enterprise applications eco system
- Lead teams through coaching and developmental feedback and take prompt corrective actions where needed
- Manage key vendor relationships including contract negotiations, pricing and evaluation of current and potential partnerships
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Minimum Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience at Sr. Manager or Director level in multi-unit business environment
- Experience developing QE/QA strategy and team building across multiple business domains
- Track record of driving maturity, innovation and automation in QA space
- Proven experience managing enterprise quality engineering and release management functions
- Experience driving automation into testing processes, using modern CI/CD and continuous deployment approaches
- Strong working knowledge of different types of quality engineering including load, volume, stress and performance testing
- Exceptional people leadership, demonstrated prioritization and negotiation skills
- Ability to operate effectively in areas of uncertainty, ambiguity and conflict to focus and deliver against business goals
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Technical competency on QE/QA technical stack such as TFS, Jira, Selenium, Appium, JMeter, Jenkins, Maven, TestNG
- BS degree (MBA or MS preferred) or equivalent experience
- One or more of PMP, PMI-ACP, CMST, CMSQ certifications
- Confidence to challenge conventional thinking; ability to independently manage ambiguity and drive/thrive on change.
- Background in Healthcare or Retail industry
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - 6600 Weighlock Dr East Syracuse, New York 13057 United States