IT Director - Infrastructure Engineering
Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives.
As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are creating a Build and Run organization and are looking for a dynamic leader to lead the “Build” portion of the IT Infrastructure organization as a Director – IT Infrastructure Engineering
- Engineering leadership of the Infrastructure Engineering team encompassing Network, Telecom, Systems, Storage, Cloud (IaaS), Collaboration and End User Compute capabilities
- Ensure that new infrastructure projects to deliver resilient, scalable and secure infrastructure capabilities are delivered in line with the IT Infrastructure vision and strategy – on time and budget
- Provide leadership to the Infrastructure Resilience Program to deliver expected program outcomes
- Build and Execute on a Cloud-first strategy
- Maintain a deep view into Operational performance of systems to ensure appropriate engineering improvements are effected
- Setup an effective Capacity Management discipline to ensure effective planning and utilization of on-prem and cloud resources
- Expertise with Terraform or similar Infrastructure as Code technologies
- Create an SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) discipline to drive fault tolerant design principles across the enterprise
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery automation processes
- Maintain frequent and effective peer level and executive communication plans with business partners and practice owners to ensure consistent messaging and service delivery
- Effective Budget and Vendor Management
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
- Requires at least 10 years of related experience and at least 5 years of management responsibility
- Comprehensive Infrastructure and Engineering experience especially in mission critical and high availability environments
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, motivate and direct technical personnel.
- Exhibit leadership skills required to manage resources as well as project deliverables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to adapt to new and/or changing situations.
- Background in Retail, Clinical or Healthcare field is a plus
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - 6600 Weighlock Dr East Syracuse, New York 13057 United States