Business Systems Analyst I
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is the nation’s premier dental services organization. We provide expert business and administrative support to the fastest growing, branded network of dental practices in the country. We recognize that our success is a direct result of empowering and supporting ambitious dental professionals; together we build and develop successful, patient focused dental practices. Our continued growth has created an opportunity to join our Digital and Marketing Team as a Business Systems Analyst I.
- You will support our various business partners resolving systems challenges through industry best practices, principles, and latest technologies. You will be required to collect, analyze, and recommend sound functional and cost reduction solutions to our business partners. Project Management, training and creation of training documentation, business change support, and QA /UAT assistance are some of the additional duties in this role. Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Elicit and document requirements using a variety of methods including interviews, document analysis, requirements gathering meetings, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories, business analysis, and task / workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed:
- Functional requirements, Scope and Requirements Documents, Use Cases, User Stories, Wireframes, Screen and Interface designs.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to industry standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Assist with the creation of test plans/test cases to support software validation, including participation in test case reviews with QA.
- Serve as the liaison between the business partners, technology teams, and support teams.
- Utilize solid analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Assist with functional and user acceptance testing as needed.
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%).
- Other responsibilities as directed by IT management.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, engineering, business, math or a related discipline
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years direct work experience developing requirements and performing system analysis for Digital and Marketing Systems.
- Strong analytical skills with hands on experience with SQL.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and good knowledge of Jira/Confluence or similar tools.
- Experience with projects associated with the Sales, Marketing, Digital Media field is desired.
- Working experience with Sitecore or Content Management System tool is plus.
- Knowledge of emerging digital technologies is plus.
- Ability to handle shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to work on small to Medium-sized projects of minimal to moderate complexity.
- Possess solid written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work productively with team members who come from a broad spectrum.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies with reasonable assistance.
- Business System Analysis or PMP Certification a plus.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - 6600 Weighlock Dr East Syracuse, New York 13057 United States