Employee Benefits Administrator
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is a highly successful, national Dental Services Organization (DSO). ADMI provides non-clinical business support services to more than 700 Aspen Dental-branded dental offices, located in 37 US states. Each Aspen location is owned and operated by a licensed, independent dentist. The ADMI headquarters location is in East Syracuse, NY. As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are very pleased to offer an opportunity to join our Human Resources team as an Employee Benefits Administrator.
The Employee Benefits Administrator provides the first line of counsel and customer service support at the Practice Support Center for all employee benefit programs. Responsible for triaging, expediting, and resolving benefit inquiries and problems; processes employee and dependent eligibility information and data, interprets benefit plans and policies, acts as liaison between employees and insurance carriers; and reconciles employee benefit payroll deduction.
- Serve as primary point of contact, by phone, email, or in person for benefit related questions and matters of program interpretation.
- Support benefit program administration from enrollment to termination by processing eligibility data, reconciling payroll deduction, and by preparing necessary reports as requested i.e. weekly, monthly, or annually.
- Assist with leave of absence administration and case management.
- Evaluate and recommend revisions to internal business processes to reduce administration costs and increase efficiency.
- Partner with third-party benefit insurers, administrators, and vendors to expedite the processing of employee and dependent eligibility data, claim payment, and resolve problems within the context of plan documents and policies.
- Maintain working knowledge of PPACA, ERISA, FMLA, COBRA, and Internal Revenue Code within the privacy considerations of HIPAA and impact of state and local law.
- Conduct research, manage projects and create internal communications, as assigned.
- Additional related responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Associates degree and minimum 2 years of experience with the administration of employee benefit programs. Bachelor’s preferred.
- Experience supporting high-volume operations in a growing, retail based, multi-site entity, preferred.
- Analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency; MS Office Suite but specifically with intermediate Excel skills.
- Empathetic, confident, outgoing personality.
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible, changing pace when workflow demands it.
- Exhibits teamwork and a collaborative work ethic with colleagues and vendor-partners.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new processes and programs as position and company evolve, work independently, and to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and employee privacy.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - 281 Sanders Creek Parkway East Syracuse, New York 13057 United States