Territory Manager of Hygiene Support - Birmingham
As the Territory Manager of Hygiene Support with Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI), you will be responsible for the development of dental hygienists that are employed by Aspen Dental-branded practices. This position partners with owners of Aspen Dental-branded practices, dentists and office staff who work for those practices, and ADMI’s Director of Hygiene Services to optimize oral hygiene care delivered to patients of the practices.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
- Build Effective Teams— Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; fosters open dialogue; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Drive for Results—Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Ethics and Values—Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values.
- Managing Vision and Purpose—Optimistic; can inspire and motivate vision and sense of core purpose.
- Adaptability—Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment.
- Continuous Learning—Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- High-Impact Communication—Clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicates in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
- Positive Disposition— Demonstrates a positive attitude in the face of difficult or challenging situations.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge— Has achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; stays up to date with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
Additionally, this position is responsible for:
- Delivering regional training designed to promote quality care, patient satisfaction and increase revenue.
- Assists with recruitment, hiring and onboarding of new hygienists at Aspen Dental practices.
- Works with vendor partners to arrange field meetings and increase product utilization.
- Assists with training initiatives on new patient care products and processes.
- Functions as a liaison to ADMI’s territory hygiene team, responding to daily phone and email inquiries regarding policies, reports, product features, incentives, ordering, support materials, etc.
- Partners with practice owners and ADMI field management teams to assist in the preparation of hygiene budgets and determine hygiene needs for the territory, floats, additional hygiene days.
- Coach underperforming offices.
- Additional developmental duties as directed or requested by practice owners of supported offices.
- As an employee of ADMI, this is a non-clinical support role that will be providing advice to hygienists practicing with and employed by Aspen Dental-branded practices.
Minimum Education and Experience
To be viewed as a qualified candidate for this position you should possess the following:
- Licensed and or Registered Dental Hygienist
- Ability to travel to assigned offices
- Manipulate small instruments, supplies, and equipment with efficiency, dexterity, and exceptional eye hand coordination
- Demonstrated excellence in the execution of their craft and empathy for the patient with a strong business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
- Prior dental administrative/leadership experience
- Adjunct or full-time dental hygiene faculty experience, and/or dental hygiene consulting experience with a proven track record
Aspen Dental - Greater Birmingham, Alabama 35232 United States ALABAMA,