Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (General Dentistry Practice)
Reporting directly to the Managing Clinical Director, the Expanded Functions Dental Assistant performs a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. The Dental Assistant works chair side making patients feel as comfortable as possible, prepare them for treatment, obtain their dental records and performs other services delegated by the supervising Dentist subject to and in accordance with the state dental board regulations.
- Assist the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures.
- Set up and breakdown operatory post treatment.
- Take, develop and mount dental radiographs (x-rays).
- Manage and complete infection control procedures – i.e. prepare and sterilize instruments and equipment.
- Provide patients with instructions for oral care following dental treatment procedures as applicable.
- Educate patients on appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health as applicable.
- Perform various office tasks as necessary.
Minimum Education and Experience
- X-ray certification or credentials required as specified by applicable state specific regulations.
- Expanded function certificate or licensure as specified by applicable state specific statutes/rules.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Resume must demonstrate stable employment history.
Proof of COVID vaccination necessary for employment as a healthcare worker in states with vaccination mandates.
Aspen Dental - 6431 Lake Andrew Drive STE 105 4080 Viera, Florida 32940 United States FLORIDA EAST,