Endodontist Assistant (Dental Practice)
Aspen Dental is on a mission to give America a healthy mouth. By joining Aspen Dental you are not only making a statement that you are committed to providing quality care but you are also becoming a part of a collaborative network of dental professionals. For an estimated 47 million Americans, lack of access to affordable dental care is a real problem and by aligning with Aspen Dental you can be part of the solution.
Working directly with the area's Endodontist, the Endodontist Assistant performs a variety of patient care and office duties. The Endodontist Assistant works chair side as the Specialist examines and treats patients, making patients as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, preparing them for treatment, obtaining their dental records and, instructing patients on postoperative as well as general oral health care. This position will require travel to different offices with the Endodontist.
About Aspen Dental-branded practices
Aspen Dental-branded practices are independently owned and operated by licensed dentists. The practices receive non-clinical business support services from Aspen Dental Management, Inc., a dental support organization.
- Assist the Specialist during a variety of treatment procedures.
- Set up and breakdown operatory post treatment.
- Take digital x-rays during and after the procedure.
- Monitor the patient’s well-being during the procedure.
- Manage infection control - prepare and sterilize instruments and equipment.
- Provide patients with instructions for oral care following all dental treatment procedures such as restorations (fillings), root canals, etc.
- Perform various office tasks as necessary.
- Maintain a supply inventory and order supplies as needed bi-weekly.
- Moderate lifting may be required to move equipment from various offices and setup of the operatory.
- Guide the new doctors in the use of EPMS such as viewing patient summary, treatment documents, and clinical notes.
- Able to travel 100% of the time (possibly overnight for some of our Specialists).
- Build relationships and partner with various office teams.
Minimum Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Dental Assistant Certificate with prior assistant experience necessary.
- X-ray certification required.
- As this position requires daily travel to assigned offices, a valid non-restricted driver’s license and appropriate insurance must be maintained
Aspen Dental - Southern Connecticut, Connecticut 06525 United States