Real Estate Administrator
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is one of the largest and most trusted retail healthcare business support organizations in the U.S., supporting 15,000 healthcare professionals and team members at more than 1,000 health and wellness offices across 46 states in three distinct categories: Dental care, urgent care, and medical aesthetics. Working in partnership with independent practice owners and clinicians, the team is united by a single purpose: to prove that healthcare can be better and smarter for everyone. ADMI provides a comprehensive suite of centralized business support services that power the impact of four consumer-facing businesses: Aspen Dental, ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers, WellNow Urgent Care and Chapter Aesthetic Studio. Each brand has access to a deep community of experts, tools and resources to grow their practices, and an unwavering commitment to delivering high-quality consumer healthcare experiences at scale.
The Real Estate Administrator is responsible for all phases of the Development Lifecycle (Lease and New Office Opening functions) including reviewing and monitoring leases prior to execution and throughout the lease term, managing critical lease duties, and owning data in the Lease Management System. Additionally, this position supports New Office Opening activities such as, general contractor payment and billing, business licenses and related ad-hoc requests.
- Lease Abstraction: abstract all new leases, enter information into the Lease Management system, including abstract information (terms, amendments, covenants, key/critical dates, responsibilities and insurance) and payment information (recurring expenses, one-time transactions, recoveries, scheduled offsets and tenant improvement allowances).
- On-Going Lease Management: maintain lease management system information from new and existing abstracts, ensure all information in the lease record is up to date, including all relevant core lease information and documents, abstract information, and payment information (details listed above in Lease Abstraction section). Processing renewals, extensions, relocations, terminations, manage vendors and other standard lease functions, as well as preparing and following a continual audit schedule for existing leases and following up on any missing or incorrect information, in the Lease Management System.
- Rent and Lease Expense Payment: execute and own the Monthly Rent Process in collaboration with Accounts Payable and Finance, including running and auditing delivery date, payment transaction, and month-over-month change reports; enter and process variable and one-time transactions, such as retro-active payments for CAM Reconciliations and other lease expenses as needed.
- CAM & Expense Reconciliations: work with Real Estate Manager to obtain, validate and process 3rd party reconciliation analyses for rent, common area maintenance (CAM) charges, real estate taxes, escalations, and other charges – and enter in lease management system. Update necessary related reconciliation details (such as recurring expenses, escrow or other expense-related amounts, dates and expense schedules, and retro-active payments or receivables).
- Reporting: assist in the preparation and standardization reports for operations and management, from Lease Management Construction Project Management and other Real Estate systems; run ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Due Diligence & Research: work with the Real Estate Manager to conduct due diligence for various items such as Estoppels, SNDAs, lease/landlord related issues and assess proper course of action. Research and analyze lease language in consultation with the Legal department and provide information and guidance on lease-related matters for the immediate team and broader organizational stakeholders.
- Cross-Functional: grow and maintain knowledge of the Real Estate Lifecycle at Aspen Dental and serve as backup for other team members in related areas of the Real Estate Systems & Admin Team. Draft, proof and finalize notifications to internal and external parties, including (not exhaustive) Certificates of Insurance, Notifications of Default, Construction Allowance Collection, Extension, Option Exercise and other lease-related notifications. Facilitate monthly delivery date process; prepare and send delivery date letter to landlord and request landlord contact information. Support New Office Opening activities such as coordinating training, support lien waiver and pay application process, billing tenant improvement, and coordinate business license activities.
- General and Interdepartmental Support: work with the Real Estate Manager and other Real Estate Administrators to execute and support related processes, such as managing utility invoices and interactions with 3rd party utility vendor, distribution of materials for Real Estate Committee, facilitating execution of letters of intent, processing mail and from time to time assisting with special projects.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Management or Real Estate.
- 2-5 year experience in commercial lease administration with knowledge of retail lease concepts, documents and language.
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 with proficient Excel and Word skills required; experience with IWMS systems such as Lucernex, Tango or other types of real estate lifecycle management systems strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail required, with the ability to solve issues quickly and effectively; excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, balance multiple projects and build relationships to interact effectively with internal and external business partners.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States