Real Estate Administrator
Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives. As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are very pleased to offer an opportunity to join our Finance team as a Real Estate Administrator.
The Real Estate Administrator is responsible for accurate and timely administration of all aspects of Real Estate documents including leases and amendments, compliance, and dispatching all financial and contractual obligations under the leases. This person also performs various functions related to the general administrative and support duties for the corporate Real Estate Department including the letter of intent process and the facility signage process.
- Analyze / manage the monthly recurring base rent and common area maintenance payments.
- Analyze CAM reconciliations (desk top audit) and non-recurring payments for rent, real estate taxes, escalations, other charges, etc.
- Meticulously abstract, cross-reference and update leases and supplemental documents into lease management database.
- Track lease clause critical dates and terms, provide information as needed, including certificates of insurance.
- Assist Corporate Attorney with all aspects of processing lease documents through lease execution.
- Review, verify, markup and prepare Estoppels Certificates and SNDAs for execution, including conducting review and due diligence background research for Estoppels Certificates and SNDAs for Legal Department review and owners signature.
- Conduct research of office issues and other lease-related defaults and/or issues, assess proper course of action and escalate and/or consult with Legal Department to bring to resolution.
- Research and interpret lease language in consultation with Attorney, and provide information and guidance related to Real Estate and lease matters, as requested by cross-functional business partners.
- Draft, proof and finalize correspondence including sending out (via courier or other expedited means) all outgoing mail, correspondence and other documents, including Notifications of Default, Construction Allowance Collection, Extension Option Exercise and other lease-related correspondence. Process all received mail to the real estate department.
- Act as liaison and facilitate communication and information exchange with external and internal business partners
- Utilize, update and manage all tools and resources available to manage workload, including checklists, databases, logs and/or other related reporting tools.
- Process mail from Landlords (statements, invoices, etc.)
- File, fax, scan, copy, and distribute lease documents and other correspondence.
- Create, manage and maintain accurate filing system (hard & electronic copies) of all real estate lease documents.
- Facilitate and track routing and signature of various documents/forms, including lease documents.
- Work with Legal Department as administrative support, as necessary.
- Perform other projects and job functions as assigned by management.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics.
- 2-5 year experience in commercial lease administration; Paralegal certification preferred, but waived in lieu of significant lease administration experience.
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with proficient Excel and Word skills required, experience working with database applications preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail required, with the ability to formulate solutions and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to balance several projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
- Knowledge of retail lease concepts, documents and language.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States