Sr. Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis - Workday
Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives.
As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are very pleased to offer a new opportunity to join our dedicated team as a Sr. Manager – Financial Planning and Analysis, Workday. This role will participate in all phases of the financial system product life-cycle from planning and implementation of new cloud ERP financial solution and ongoing business problem identification to solution deployment. Uses specialized knowledge in processes and system functionality to identify, design, and deploy functionality and process solutions that will enable strategic initiatives and operational improvements. Extensive contact with internal clients and external software vendors to identify, research and provide innovative solutions.
Short Term Responsibilities:
Host Analytics Management
- Ownership of the budget process within Host Management system
- End to end budget management, including designing templates, assumption input, report outs, reconciliation
- Partnership within FP&A team to consolidate information and reconcile to targeted figures
- Excel modelling of P&L and Cash Flow
- Develop exception reporting and provide visibility to improve accuracy at office budgets
Workday Financial Suite Deployment
- Key member of project team for full suite Workday HR/Finance/SCM implementation that will run from end of 2020 to early 2022
- Communicate functional requirements to be configured
- Work with deployment partner and technology team to help map and load and validate data into Workday
- Participate in maintaining all mapping functions from legacy system to Workday dimensions within the financial data model
- Participate in all testing
- Collaborate with training lead to prepare documentation and lead or support comprehensive end-user training
Long Term Responsibilities
Post Workday Deployment
- Identify opportunities for new system functionality and optimization of business processes
- Work with business end users on the creation and implementation of process mapping, report solutions, and documentation and testing of scenarios for Workday releases and changes
- Work with business process owners and relevant stakeholders to translate business requirements to technology solutions related to the financial eco system
- Participate in the QA and UAT testing of Workday releases to ensure that system integrity is maintained
- Gather, maintain and ensure completeness of documentation of test scenarios for all functional areas
- Execute test scenarios as necessary, including regression testing in the test tenants.
- Document the pass/fail rate of all tests scenarios and opens tickets with Workday for resolution
- Engage with stakeholders across multiple functional areas to gather, clarify, and document reporting and analytic needs for ad hoc reporting, recurring events, and projects
- Determines what data should be selected and evaluated to address and track various business issues
- Consult with functional teams on the selection, application, and implementation of metrics
- Remain apprised of new technology and approaches and best practices as it relates to business analytics and evaluates their relevance for Workday and other applications
- Serve as a key contact for non-routine questions and requests, especially related to Finance/Reporting
- Work with communication and end-user support teams to develop necessary training materials, communication plans, and post-implementation support
- Manage confidentiality of data by following established security/confidentiality standards
Minimum Education and Experience
- 5+ years of Finance/IT industry work experience including finance processes and systems analysis and deployment using Workday applications
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, macros, VBA, etc.)
- Ability to extract data from Workday financial systems to provide detailed analysis
- Ability to review and troubleshoot discrepancies in financial data
- Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The candidate should have good analytical, problem solving skills and a desire to develop new skills
- Must have high initiative, and a desire/ability to persist through obstacles/ambiguity
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language to end users and senior management
- Responsive to customer needs and highly motivated to improve the processes of the organization. A team player outlook with the ability to work well with peers. Strong prioritization, communication and multitasking skills a must as the environment is fast paced and dynamic
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States