Senior Manager of Payroll
Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives.
As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are very pleased to offer an opportunity to join our Finance team as a Senior Manager of Payroll. In this role, you will direct the Payroll function in a complex organizational structure that includes 10,000 employees. Aspen Dental Management, Inc. is a company that places a high value on developing its talent. You will operate in a hands-on role at both a strategic and tactical level to assess and anticipate Payroll and HR-related needs, recommend solutions, and manage shared resources to deliver results.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the payroll function, including payroll processing, compliance, reporting and auditing with a laser focus on accuracy and customer service
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with Finance constituents and customer base, serve as an interface between internal/external customers and functional team members.
- Ensure continuity and successful delivery of Payroll services to users throughout the system of entities and customers supported.
- Continuously analyze federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and implement changes as necessary.
- Utilizes discretion and initiative to ensure services continue to meet and exceed quality and productivity standards.
- Continuously develop, implement, and maintain systems and internal controls as the system expands.
- Manage and maintain all internal controls documentation and payroll accounting manuals, and ongoing compliance.
- Research, benchmark, and network on best practices and emerging solutions to ensure continuous improvement
- Employs various modes of communication to train all levels of the organization on systems, programs, procedures and processes related to expertise.
- Build effective teams through hiring and evaluation, develop organization capacity and structure, and provide coaching, mentoring, and development opportunities.
- Prepare and participate in the preparation of staff development plans for each functional associate. Assess the skills and skill levels necessary to achieve work objectives.
- Leads and participates on cross functional teams to share knowledge and expertise to achieve company goals and initiatives.
- Applies project management skills to effectively manage individual and team projects; uses systems to: create project plans; manage project budgets; execute and achieve deliverables.
- Manage external service providers) to address problems, system, and reporting issues.
- Maintain awareness of vendor plans and the potential impact of those plans on current and future functionality.
- Acts as a resource and is proactive in partnering with all departments and field teams to improve service and resolve complex issues related to expertise.
- Conducts analysis, interprets reports, and makes recommendations to changes in policies and procedures related to specialty knowledge area.
- May lead or support specific components of a key initiative to select and implement new systems
- Develop, maintain, and present department metrics and scorecards to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of payroll operations.
Minimum Education and Experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a high volume Payroll Leadership role demonstrating career progression.
- A minimum of 6 years effectively leading others
- Must have thorough experience of filing, compliance requirements, and advising management on needed actions with regard to all federal and local regulatory requirements.
- Tier 1 systems experience required
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and relationship-building skills working with HR colleagues to communicate effectively, build consensus, and establish trust.
- Experience managing relationships and leading negotiations with 3rd party vendors.
- Demonstrate ability to think creatively and critically when solving problems.
- Solutions-oriented project management skills including thinking and presenting ideas at a strategic level for input as well as ensuring outcomes are delivered and executed on a tactical level.
- A strong analytical mindset with a detailed focus on presenting data that supports and measures best practices and company goals.
- A Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation is a plus.
- ERP implementation experience is a plus.
- Minimum Associates degree, bachelor's degree preferred.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - 281 Sanders Creek Parkway East Syracuse, New York 13057 United States