Senior Data Scientist
For 22 years, Aspen Dental Management, Inc (ADMI) has been innovating and iterating on the dental support organization model. We’re an entrepreneurial-minded group that relentlessly pursues new ways to break down barriers in support of the dentists and 10,000 team members who care for the 1.8 million patients that come through the doors of Aspen Dental practices every year. We believe the culture and partnership cultivated amongst the practice owners, practice teams and ADMI support team powers our success and makes it virtually impossible to imitate what we do. Our continued growth has created an opportunity to join our Pricing and Analytics team as a Senior Data Scientist.
The Senior Data Scientist will conduct a variety of statistical studies to analyze and report interrelationships of financial and operational information. They will determine the validity of data and provide supporting explanations of conclusions reached. The Senior Data Scientist will utilize relational databases to develop and support machine learning tools to create predictive models which will further enhance ADMI's existing operations and improve profitability. They will help mentor other members of the Analytics team to further develop their statistical, analytical and machine learning capabilities.
- Building Effective Teams—Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; fosters open dialogue; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Customer Focus—Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Drive for Results—Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Ethics and Values—Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values.
- Managing Vision and Purpose—Is optimistic; can inspire and motivate vision and sense of core purpose.
PSC Administrator Competencies
- Adaptability—Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Communication—clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Managing Work—effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation—Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Work Standards—setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
- Manage projects end-to-end from early stage.
- Forecast each patient's projected likelihood to keep their appointment times and each patient's treatment plan value in order to better forecast future company performance.
- Work independently on statistical analyses assignments or projects of a complex level.
- Prepare data reports from single or multiple sources, compile databases, and formulate spreadsheets.
- Build predictive models and machine learning tools.
- Make recommendations regarding tool set for large scale predictive projects.
- Implement and optimize state of the art algorithms to improve company performance and profitability.
- Work with the Business Intelligence (BI) team to roll out predictive models at scale in an automated fashion.
- May assist in developing business requirements, documenting procedures and processes, and testing.
- Mentor other members of the Analytics team to develop and enhance their capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or Analytics; Advanced degree in a related field is preferred
- 4+ years demonstrated experience using relational database software and statistical tools.
- Specialized theoretical and practical knowledge of mathematical and statistical theory and principles
- Advanced to expert analytical skills
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with SAS, R, SQL or other statistical tools
- Demonstrated proficiency creating forecasts, up to and including logistic regression models and multivariate regression models
- Demonstrated proficiency with experiment design and hypothesis testing
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States