As one of Upstate New York’s fastest growing urgent care providers, we’re looking for professionals that demonstrate a continual commitment to provide the highest quality, patient-centered care in a warm and friendly setting. As reflection or our continued growth we have an opportunity to join our team as a Senior Accountant.
- Calculating, analyzing, and posting standard and non-standard journal entries;
- Reconciling Balance Sheet and P&L accounts on a monthly basis;
- Account analysis to identify incorrect postings and necessary reclassifications;
- Reviewing and analyzing assigned P&L’s categories and independently identifying monthly adjusting entries as needed;
- Preparing and distributing various recurring reporting and other ad-hoc reports or analysis;
- Assist the Controller with analyzing key revenue cycle metrics and reconciliations
- Acting as a key support person for external annual audit requests and assist in preparation of GAAP financial statements;
- Manage cross functional execution of financial close execution and required documentation;
- Special projects and ad-hoc requests as assigned;
- Monthly systems maintenance tasks.
- Preparing and distributing monthly or quarterly reports to internal and external users.
- Independently coordinating significant routine processes with operations management, such as the compilation and reviewing of key financial or non-financial inputs used for month end close.
- Reviewing and analyzing P&L results compared to past trends and expected results, and independently identifying monthly adjusting entries as needed from the review.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Healthcare accounting experience for a large organization is a plus.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Above average Microsoft Office skills, most notably Excel, with ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task and complete assignments within tight time constraints and deadlines.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
WellNow - 281 Sanders Creek East Syracuse, New York 13057 United States