Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity to join our Finance team as a Staff Accountant.
This position will be an integral part of the monthly financial statement close process for a growing dental management company in Syracuse, NY with plenty of with growth opportunities. The candidate will support various aspects of finance and accounting for the entire organization. The position requires individuals who can contribute to a fast-paced close process and have great attention to detail.
- Calculating, analyzing, and posting standard and non-standard journal entries;
- Reconciling Balance Sheet and P&L accounts on a monthly basis;
- Account analysis to identify incorrect postings and necessary reclassifications;
- Reviewing and analyzing assigned P&L’s categories and independently identifying monthly adjusting entries as needed;
- Preparing and distributing various recurring reporting and other ad-hoc reports or analysis;
- Acting as a key support person for external annual audit requests and assist in preparation of GAAP financial statements;
- Manage cross functional execution of financial close execution and required documentation;
- Special projects and ad-hoc requests as assigned;
- Monthly systems maintenance tasks.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Public or private accounting experience for a large organization is a plus.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Above average Microsoft Office skills, most notably Excel, with ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task and complete assignments within tight time constraints and deadlines.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - 281 Sanders Creek Parkway East Syracuse, New York 13057 United States